Use of "Clear Affected Cells For PreCombine Data" to make scrapable objects in workshop

danielmzbr

That's good to know, man, can't thank you enough! And I'll certainly keep that * piece of advice in mind in case I ever mod interior cells.

Edit in time: Is there any way to visualize how precombined meshes and visibility are working in-game? Like a debug mode, or a console command?

Edited by danielmzbr

You can dynamically toggle previs on and off (assuming it isn't disabled already, so you'd want to do this without any ini edits or mods that make the cell edits needed for scrapping), the console command is tpc. IIRC, it will let you know if it is already disabled in the cell you're in when you use it I don't think you can dynamically disable/enable precombined meshes in-game.

If you mean checking to make sure they are disabled/not disabled, for previs I'd say the console command I mentioned above is the most sure way. For precombineds, you have to try and select (in the console or in build mode) something that would normally be part of a precombined mesh. If it lets you select it, precombineds are off for that cell.

If you don't mean either, I'm confused by what you mean, but will go out on a limb and say no, you can't :D.

Yeah, that's it. I just needed a way to check if previs/precombined meshes are behaving like expected (if the right cells have them disabled and the others don't, stuff like that). I remember that Source Engine/Left4Dead2 would let you visualize in-game a lot of what was going on under the hood via console commands, would be great to have something like that in this game too. Stuff like visibility, nav meshes, plus lots of data were rendered/displayed in real time, in-engine, so you could diagnose your map/mod, etc. Anyway, thank you very much!