Nexus Mods Dropping Downloads

Deleted11641078User

What sort of connection are you on? Is it a simple, "dumb", home connection with no sort of special setup (e.g. just a home ISP plugging in to a router that plugs in to your computer?? Is it a uni network? Is it just one connection or do you have multiple lines in to your setup?

I appear to be having the same issue.

I'm not the guy you were asking, but I'm on a standard home connection.

I've been having the same problem the past few days as well. I'm on chrome and the download just keeps stopping due to a network error and I have to keep resuming it. At first I thought it only happens on larger files but it affects the 1-100 MB files as well. Good thing is I can usually download the file just fine, it's just annoying having to click resume every time.

Edited by whaupdoee

You folks have been having trouble with this file, among others, right?

Tried it myself using firefox and downloading both manually and through NMM. I have a basic ISP (Brighthouse, -or Spectrum, or whatever they're calling themselves these days) through a basic modem router. No network, no shared lines.

Manual: Average 997kbs. 1.89GB download completed in 32 minutes.

NMM: Average 1034kbs. 1.89GB download completed in 31 minutes.

So, let's try some basic troubleshooting.

-Are your .NET frameworks up-to-date?

-Have you checked to see if a plug-in on your browser(s) might be interfering with downloads? Try disabling any plug-ins.

-Have you checked to see if your A/V might be interfering with NMM and/or your downloads? Try (temporarily) disabling your A/V.

-Do you have Admin rights?

T-Mobil LTE/WCDM/GSM--32minutes manual direct connect.

Other severs are faster.

This one (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47410/?) Downloaded on the same network in 10 minutes time, I even posted there which seems the post was removed, As I was the first person to grab it. No matter IT was Dec 6th

That was fast !

No .net, No pc. wireless. No drop offs.

Edited by Purr4me

Hey Guys,

Can you please confirm if you're just seeing this problem downloading via NMM - or via the website, or both ?

The CDN links we provide are valid for over 4 hours - so they aren't expiring mid download on any of these files you're downloading.

For anyone having the drop-outs, please can you provide what IP `filedelivery.nexusmods.com` is resolving to ( by pinging it ).

I just had it happen through manual download. Trying to download Enderal, which is 7.8GB. It stopped at at 2.4GB. The download I was trying before did eventually download through the mod manager. But I can't seem to get manual downloads to work. Which is an issue since Enderal isn't offered through mod manager.

I have a cable internet connection. Ethernet from computer < router < modem < to wall. Connection speed is 20Mb/s.

Update: I just tried it again and it downloaded the entire mod without stopping at all.

Edited by Justmenow

I think I am having the same problem... repeatedly connection dropping off and then having to resume them...is that file http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/? starting the problem because I did try to download it but I also tried other texture files and am not sure when the problem started.

Manually downloading every file now as they can be resumed quickly after connection failure. But its tedious :pinch:

Has anyone found a solution to it yet ?

Hi guys. I have been getting the same problem too now for the past 3-4 days. Download speed are at 16kb/s and they never complete and show Failed - Network Error. I cant even download a 20mb mod.

Today i found that my problem occurs only when downloading form certain sites like the Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition site. I tried downloading a Fallout 4 mod over 400mb and it never stopped and my download speed was my normal speed. Actually i dont know my normal speed, it was just an average speed.

Anyway i hope this info might shed some light. I never had this problem before. The only major thing I did before was changing my graphics card. That shouldn't affect my internet right?

Hey Guys,

Can you please confirm if you're just seeing this problem downloading via NMM - or via the website, or both ?

The CDN links we provide are valid for over 4 hours - so they aren't expiring mid download on any of these files you're downloading.

For anyone having the drop-outs, please can you provide what IP `filedelivery.nexusmods.com` is resolving to ( by pinging it ).

Having 'Failed - Network error' when downloading manually from website and 'Incomplete' downloads from NMM. Been happening all week and with larger 400mb+ Skyrim files. (e.g. Immersive Armors, Texture Packs, etc) This is the IP I'm currently getting:

Name: cds.n2x4r7s4.hwcdn.net
Address: 205.185.208.141
Aliases: filedelivery.nexusmods.com

• 6 months later...