Companions of Yorvaskr quest issue

ezg1969

While doing the quest line to join the Companions I was sent on the Proving Honor mission (I think that's the name of the mission). When I get to the point where i'm trapped in the cell and my companion has to find the release lever, and the Silver hand attacks. He turns into a werewolf and kills them, then opens the door for me. At the point when the door is opening the game crashes. Somehow I got past it and finished the quest, then started doing missions for Aela. On her 1st mission I retrieved a fragment of Wuuthred and it was in my inventory but there was no dialogue option to give it to her. I deleted my save games and re started a brand new game from the start. Now I'm back to the game crashing when Farkas ( I think is the one) tries to release me from the cell. I think the Companion quest line is broken?

I am using an Alienware 15 Windows 7 prefessional service pack 1 laptop.

Processor: i7-4720 HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz 2.60 GHz

Installed memory: 16.0Gb (15.9GB usable)

System Type: 64 bit operating system

C drive: 45.9GB free of 228 GB

D drive: 581 GB free of 931 GB available.

Display adapters: HD Graphics 4600, Nvidea GForce GTX 980M

I am playing Skyrim Legendary Edition with all the DLC's. I don't know where to go to get which version but i'm sure it's the latest as I only got the game in 2015. It is not the new Special Edition Version.

I am using Skyrim Script Extender But I can't find which version

I also have SKYUI 5.1

I use Nexus Mod Manager version (0.61.3)

The game location is D/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Skyrim

each time I install a mod I run FNIS (Fores New Idles Skyrim, I think that's what it stands for).

I install everything using Nexus Mod Manager. If I have to download something manually then I download it and open Nexus Mod Manager and use it to actually install the mod.

I don't know what other info you may need but to whoever responds thank you, I really do appreciate it.

I think it's not a mod issue because I have been playing it with the same mods installed several times with no issues. Here is a list of recently added mods just in case:

Jaxons Positioner v2.92

Diverse Guards Skyrim 49c Downguard v4.9c

Brawl Bugs patch Plugins Modder resource-brawl bugs-compatability edition v1.0

Player home: Dragonsmount v1.4

a couple of new followers.

I don't know if this helps but I loaded an earlier save and it loaded just fine. It seems the only issues i'm having deal with the Companions Of Whiterun quest line.

Again, to whoever responds thank you. I really do appreciate any help you can offer.

Edited by ezg1969

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I, too, have this same issue. Been playing for 6 years and never an issue until a couple months ago. Video freeze (audio keeps playing) and a couple minutes after the game exits to desktop. Any ideas out there?