Starkilla55

A mod that would replace Travis' lines with Three Dogs. (Or maybe just add some of Three Dogs.) It doesn't have to replace Travis as an NPC. I just think it'd be a nice taste of nostalgia for alot of people. If this is successful, maybe you could make a Mr. New Vegas version.

• 5 years later...

A little late to say this to you TheVampireDante but you're actually half right.

Porting things from one game to the other is perfectly allowed for your game, provided it's for your game. The gray area about porting over content for Bethesda is when you publicly post it. So, the solution is knowing someone to make a ported over mod that's willing to share it privately amongst the two of you. As far as I am concerned, this is a missed opportunity for Bethesda or rather BGS.

A little late to say this to you TheVampireDante but you're actually half right.

Porting things from one game to the other is perfectly allowed for your game, provided it's for your game. The gray area about porting over content for Bethesda is when you publicly post it. So, the solution is knowing someone to make a ported over mod that's willing to share it privately amongst the two of you. As far as I am concerned, this is a missed opportunity for Bethesda or rather BGS.

I'm sorry, Cs.... but you're only slightly right.

Bethesda specifically states that they do not provide permission to port content from one of their games to another. This is in violation of their terms, not Nexus Terms. However, Nexus DOES uphold those terms. (Because, well.... Robin really don't like getting letters from lawyers).

Distribute it via nexus, and it will get removed. Use Nexus as the medium to make the contact for the mod, and you still involve Nexus in the transaction. Therefore, if caught, you could be treated the same as if you were distributing pirated assets.

That's if another person helps you to do it, or does it for you, and then gives it to you.

So no. Dante is 100% correct. Those assets would have to be Re-Recorded.

Here's a tip. Don't argue these kinds of things with the folks who have upheld the rules here for many many years. (10+ In Dante's case, as well as being a site administrator). They know them much betta than you do. :wink: