Heavy (manned) defense turrets / stationary sentinel robot turrets

Oblivionist

Well, i had this idea of more efficient and high tech settlement defense turrets.

Basically, since regular turrets are rather fragile and vulnerable to snipers and heavy weapons, why not build a larger, heavier armored and armed turret?

I thought of 3 possible versions:

1. Just a heavier armored auto turret with 2 or even 4 guns or missle launchers. Works just like a regular turret, but with more armor and firepower.

2. A mannable heavy stationary turret, basically a stationary power armor which can only rotate and tilt on the spot, equipped with heavy weapons on the sides like miniguns and missile launchers. comes with its own power supply. Maybe the ingame assets and mechanics from the vertibird mounted minigun could be utilized for this? Also, why are there no mannable stationary heavy weapons/machine gun mounts to build already?

3. Basically, simply the upper torso of a sentinel Robot mounted on a fixed base, with heavier armor and better cooling for sustained fire, including autonomous power supply. Behaves just like a regular armed Sentinel robot (maybe less verbose), but cannot move around on its own.

Type 1 and 2 would require new models and maybe also animations, whilst type 3 should be entirely doable with modification of existing game assets.

This would at last provide ample fortified defenses for high value settlements against even the worst threats the wasteland has to offer.

Anyone up to the task?

Not *really* what you're asking for, but I did just put up 2 (hopefully) heavier turrets in http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21457/? . =)

Major works in progress, but should be sturdier and sort of fit in your theme. [shrug]

You're Vertibird gun manable turret idea has real merit, will definitely be looking into that.

Edited by BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah

Not *really* what you're asking for, but I did just put up 2 (hopefully) heavier turrets in http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21457/? . =)

Major works in progress, but should be sturdier and sort of fit in your theme. [shrug]

What form do these heavier turrets take? Just the vanilla turret models with modified values?

You're Vertibird gun manable turret idea has real merit, will definitely be looking into that.

That would be nice indeed. Shouldn't even be that hard to pull off. Just tack a ballistic shield onto a mounted Minigun and make it mannable for settlers with existing scripts and functions. Same could work for a heavy manned turret, which only would need a new 3D model for the most part. Maybe there are already usable turret models on miliary vehicles, like bombers or tanks?

Maybe one could simply take a tank model and animate the turret and gun?

Robot Home Defence gives you the opportunity to build sentry bots and make them stationary:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5787/

Thanks for the info, but i am looking for an actual turret, which simply utilizes robot parts, but should have a distinct turret aesthetic and function, whilst also being somewhat sturdier than a mobile robot. Something, which could pose a serious threat to even larger enemy forces and especially big and tough enemies like Supermutant behemoths and Deathclaws. Something you would put up to deny an enemy a larger area or secure one approach corridor against any type of threat the wasteland could offer. Something substantial. Something that would fit nicely on the castle or military Installations. Something no sane enemy in his right mind would dare to attack frontally without quite some heavy firepower, like powerarmor. Something with REAL deterrent potential and substantial defense value.

ÃÂ

What form do these heavier turrets take? Just the vanilla turret models with modified values?

ÃÂ

That would be nice indeed. Shouldn't even be that hard to pull off. Just tack a ballistic shield onto a mounted Minigun and make it mannable for settlers with existing scripts and functions. Same could work for a heavy manned turret, which only would need a new 3D model for the most part. Maybe there are already usable turret models on miliary vehicles, like bombers or tanks?

Maybe one could simply take a tank model and animate the turret and gun?

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Robot Home Defence gives you the opportunity to build sentry bots and make them stationary:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5787/

ÃÂ

Thanks for the info, but i am looking for an actual turret, which simply utilizes robot parts, but should have a distinct turret aesthetic and function, whilst also being somewhat sturdier than a mobile robot. Something, which could pose a serious threat to even larger enemy forces and especially big and tough enemies like Supermutant behemoths and Deathclaws. Something you would put up to deny an enemy a larger area or secure one approach corridor against any type of threat the wasteland could offer. Something substantial. Something that would fit nicely on the castle or military Installations. Something no sane enemy in his right mind would dare to attack frontally without quite some heavy firepower, like powerarmor. Something with REAL deterrent potential and substantial defense value.

Artillery tank and APC turrets.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21457-5-1485478342.png

But, like I said, still need lots of work (tank still fires machine gun, as one example).