Custom Nuka-Mix Textures

SkullAssassin

Added into the Nuka-World DLC were dozens of new flavors for Nuka-Cola, and the ability to mix your own. The one thing that bugged me was how generic each bottle was. Some were a reused brown bottle with a Nuka-Mix sticker on the front, and the unique variants were only given color and a glow, which I consider laziness on Bethesda's part.

What I want is a pack containing custom variants of the Nuka-Mixes, modifying the textures/colors of the bottle, label, and cap.

Edited by SkullAssassin

@skullassassin,

you ask a frankly awesome question.

it is a head scratcher why more folks aren't making custom retextures for some stuff, given a lot of folks like nuka cola.

Bethesda notwithstanding (hey, they do a lot of stuff awesome most of the time, sometimes they dont,

we live and learn hehe), mistakes happen hehe.

In-universe, Nuka Cola would probably save costs and

keep all the bottles the same, save on costs and use the same labels etc.

Companies pre-war cut corners wherever they could,

VaultTec didn't finish all the vaults etc.

Maybe Nuka Cola would experiment with plastic containers, asbestos containers,

metal or maybe carnival glass for their up-market customers etc.

tilarta has got the makings of what you're looking for here

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4861445-how-do-i-make-a-glow-specular/

I have been experimenting with different shadows cast by different Nuka Colas -

a 'leibniz gasket" for Nuka Quantum etc.

anistropic holography for different Nuka Colas so they look 'shimmery' or 'lenticular'.

a 'chameleon nuka" which looks different in different locales, it will reflect differently based on ambient lighting.

an Adam7 or .gif to the nurbs-surface seems to be how to achieve that reliably without stability issues at the moment,

and just making a hole in the texture group for a transparency...

you can also use Adobe or GIMP etc to make bump maps and different textures for the nuka.

you can make it look more like molasses or oil, or really soda-y.

some folks wanted to make one based on LA Beast, to mock the "bring back crystal pepsi" campaign...

All I want is a Nuka Quantum etc.

You could make it look like it was printed on a dot.matrix printer,

and stuck that way, all kinds of stuff.

the health warning disclaimer and 'nutritional information' would be fun.

By opening this bottle, you consent to the EULA, which is available from Nuka Cola Head Office DC (user pays for shipping of the full EULA which should arrive in a crate in 3-5 working weeks). If you do not agree to these simple terms, simply

return your Nuka Cola quality beverage to the nearest vendor for a full refund, lest your purchase price or recycle code.

Nuka Cola may charge a reasonable disposal fee for expired products or products not returned in saleable condition.

Contents may vary, made by you in the USA from local and imported ingredients.

May contain or was processed on machinery which also processes: peanuts, insects, genetically modified yeasts, shellfish, chocolate and/or rubber.

consult a physician before consumption, during consumption and after consuming...

Drink Responsibly; know your sugar limits before deciding if this beverage is for you.

Bottle recyclable and redeemable for $2 at designated vendor stations or waste handling facilities.

You could put cappy and bottle on the label, all kinds of stuff.

Red Rocket Creaming Soda: it comes in a rocket-shaped container.

you can use them as ammunition for a fatman or the junk-jet, that'd be fun.

-----

Good luck, and I hope you found a few ideas here.

I look forward to seeing what other ideas modders out there come up with too