TES Skyrim Remastered vs Original

valleyofthedolls

• 1 month later...

Defanatly get the legendary version of original skyrim. I'm gonna guess that a GeForce GT 525 is less than a GTX 560 ti (1 GB of vram). That's what I had in my pc when I got skyrim back in 2011 and it ran quite well at medium settings. I tried installing some high res character textures and got black skin. I found out that this is a symptom of running out of Vram. I recently upgraded to a GTX 1070 (8 GB of vram) and now I can run said character textures without issues. However, given the name of your cpu (i5-2410M) I'm gonna guess you're on a laptop and therefore can't upgrade your video card. (I will never understand why a gamer would want a laptop). But it sounds like you're getting a tower. I don't know if steam will let you transfer a game from one pc to another for free. If so, get it on your laptop and go crazy with the mods. If you don't know what CTD means, you will. I sure learnd that quick. I actually have both Legendary Edition and "Remasterd", more commonly known as "SE" (Special Edition). I have 523 HOURS on Legendary Edition and 23 MINUTES on SE.

Probably the most valuable thing to skyrim modding is a little thing called "Skyrim Script Extender" or SKSE. This makes many things possible in Skyrim that couldn't be done in the vanilla game. SKSE isn't out for Skyrim Special Edition yet, but people are working hard on porting it. I'm gonna pull a number outta my butt with absolutly no research, other than my personal modding experience over the last half year and say that at least 50%-80% of the best mods require SKSE to run. One of the reasons for this is a mod called SkyUI (which requires SKSE). This mod totally revamps the in game menu system, but it also add one crucial thing: the Mod Configuration Menu, or MCM. MCM lets you configure settings the mods that come with a MCM menu. Which is most of them.

Just go to the nexus skyrim page and go to the browse files section and sort by number of downloads and that will give you an idea of what to get. I think SkyUI is number 2 overall downloaded mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding transfer of steam games you can do that for free or at least I have done it several times, both between pc and other's like origin.

I have played both oldrim and sse and well since skse64 is not out yet. Well oldrim beats sse version on evry account for me Can't play with out Skyui :P

If you have a rig with a 970 4gb/8gb ram and above, and use the correct's mods too make oldrim stable you have a game that still can go on for several years. In my opinion oldrim is way better than sse.

1500 hours + since launch off Oldrim and still enjoy evry momenth in the game.

You can use ANY games you have on ANY PC with steam. Once you sign into your steam account on what ever PC you have you will have the option to then download and play. I have done it MANY times when buying a new PC or using my sons. The games are attached to your steam account not your PC.

I ran one of those, can you run it?, websites and it said it wouldn't be able to be run, but it also said I couldn't run Sims 4, which I do, so I mean, it's worth a shot I guess. Or I'll stick to console until steam has a sale, or until I upgrade my specs. Still debating. But that's what I wanted an opinion on, I see there are a few retexture mods for the original game, like hd mods or whatever, I didn't look too much into them, but with those mods, I was wondering if it boosts it up to the Special Edition's level of gameplay. I understand SE's graphics would be better, but something that at least competes with it or is a step or two down. There's a lot of things to consider.

dont even buy it for xbone its not worth it for its mods will be gone in some moths they will probly remove mod support entirely for consoles

I ran one of those, can you run it?, websites and it said it wouldn't be able to be run, but it also said I couldn't run Sims 4, which I do, so I mean, it's worth a shot I guess. Or I'll stick to console until steam has a sale, or until I upgrade my specs. Still debating. But that's what I wanted an opinion on, I see there are a few retexture mods for the original game, like hd mods or whatever, I didn't look too much into them, but with those mods, I was wondering if it boosts it up to the Special Edition's level of gameplay. I understand SE's graphics would be better, but something that at least competes with it or is a step or two down. There's a lot of things to consider.

dont even buy it for xbone its not worth it for its mods will be gone in some moths they will probly remove mod support entirely for consoles

no they wont

I'm inclined to agree with qwertyzeldar, I doubt Bethesda would invest so much time and money investing in this feature just to scrap it for no reason.

• 3 weeks later...

I have both versions (thx Bethesda for the freebie), but don't bother with SSE - I run Skyrim with 250 mods and pretty stable - 1700+ hours logged :smile: It looks pretty much as good as SSE with it modded and there are A LOT of different mods you can get for whatever your heart (?!) desires. In a year or 2 once SKSE64 is stable and the majority of mods are ported this might not be the case, but for now Oldrim wins hands down.

As a plus, install Oldrim to both your new tower and your Laptop - make sure to turn OFF the cloud sync. On the tower (assuming decent spec), go nutz with modding. On the laptop, be careful on the number of texture mods but get ICBINE4 and install it - your laptop will look loike it's running a full on enb! I actually run that on my desktop even with good specs as I hate installing enb's!!!

Use Mod Organizer to set up your modding - at least until Nexus release the new version of the NMM.

Good luck and have fun - that's what games are for :tongue:

Edited by Stiffon