(Warning: harsh Rant/request) ...A bit disappointed...; A Rant of Requests that should be here without saying...but not

GigaPhoenix

Warning: harsh rant/request which may offend...not like racist, but does attack mods and Fallout 4's modding lineup as a whole, even naming or referencing specific ones. This IS NOT my main intention or point, this is all falls under requests.

This probably goes against a code of conduct, or terms of use rule, despite how much I tried to censor myself, there are things I felt HAD to be said and included.

BUT Please tell me and I will gladly re-edit it out no matter what the rule offending part(s) are, of course you can remove it if it is that bad, as is the unquestionable norm but again PLEASE tell me what was wrong before or right after you do.

...FFS- NO FOR f***'S SAKE! AH-...gasp gasp, ok I stopped myself but...come on people, this is the extent of Fallout 4's moding community?! How many years has F4 been out? yes obviously Nexus has been here much longer, ALL THE MORE REASON THERE SHOULD BE ALMOST ANYTHING I CAN THINK OF...forget coloring weapons-...although again I thought full weapon skins would have been made within the first month of this game's release (or modding stages), but quite seriously, Civilization 5s modding makes a joke out of this, and that is actually on the steam workshop (that's a step above Bethesda's weird separate thing), and didn't need a separate online website dedicated to modding many games...

Sigh sorry I'm just...astonished, no mods that try to simulate Dragon Ball or any anime, just cosmetic bs or stuff you could do in game without the mod, nothing at all on Touhou despite oh I don't know A CHARACTER THAT IS ALL ABOUT NUCLEAR RADATION AND FALLOUT (Look up Utsuho), I mean the closest and seemingly only thing we have to a outside character all about radiation/nuclear/fallout/ect is Godzilla...pretty damn good, nothing wrong with it but... anything else?- I'd expect like 10-100 TIMES things like that, maybe nuclear man just as a joke? And I'm talking both lore friendly and non-lore friendly, nobody going all out with what they like out there and trying to see how it would be in Fallout 4, maybe flying though the air shooting ki blasts, or having to dodge, tank or making yourself a Bullet hell, or a tower defense (quest?) mod, maybe bosses that are different from ingame enemies, like ya Godzilla again- that's it!? ALIENS ANYONE?...NO you know what alien I'm talking about, the black one with the mouthed tongue that everyone knows! Maybe have one hunt you though a vault like Alien Isolation, that would be fun in Fallout 4 and easy to make lore friendly with a in-game like or original creature, right? or Terminator? oh more reskins, *rabidly claps* good for you little one "Sold. Kid, I found you a new home (for 200 caps)"...

sigh again sorry I AM being harsh and disrespectful...but not unfair to you guys as a whole I have to say. Most endorsed is CBBE...? I mean it deserves most of that but...is that saying making the NPC and PC characters models look amazing...is the best thing we got? nothing game changing, or revolutionary, just a texture mod that uses nudes as it's samples and mod list picture? Ya maybe it's more than that, but...can't argue that all it is, is a cosmetic, seems like all our top endorsed or downloaded are just cosmetics or menu patches i guess. That's like trying to say PC or any console "is the BEST PERIOD because of it's graphics...only", really. I probably missed one example of what I am talking about, if so they are impossible to find on my own after over a week, please do show me.

Mod Authors do not live to serve mod users and all of their demands. If you want to see something in your game then learn how to do it yourself and make it so. Mod Authors produce content they want to see in the game - they don't just make things because it might please someone else. You're not entitled to anything - all this posts demonstrates is how much of a spoiled brat you are. Get over yourself.

Civilization 5s modding makes a joke out of this

Civ is a lot easier to mod then Beth games.

and that is actually on the steam workshop

Steam Workshop is garbage for modding Beth games anyways.

and didn't need a separate online website dedicated to modding many games

you can mod Fallout 4 inside the game. Civ does not do that... oh and you dont have to use this internal mod system.

Sigh sorry I'm just...astonished, no mods that try to simulate Dragon Ball or any anime, just cosmetic bs or stuff you could do in game without the mod, nothing at all on Touhou despite oh I don't know A CHARACTER THAT IS ALL ABOUT NUCLEAR RADATION AND FALLOUT (Look up Utsuho), I mean the closest and seemingly only thing we have to a outside character all about radiation/nuclear/fallout/ect is Godzilla...pretty damn good, nothing wrong with it but... anything else?- I'd expect like 10-100 TIMES things like that, maybe nuclear man just as a joke?

mods take time to make... also mods are made by the modders for themselves and we make mods based on what we want and sometimes release our work to share.

or a tower defense

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18890/?

the black one with the mouthed tongue that everyone knows!

Xenomorphs are a licensed alien (copyright infringement issues) also models are a pain make.

sigh again sorry I AM being harsh and disrespectful

yes you are. try modding yourself before making rants.

@gigaphoenix

That is an interesting aside, and thanks for sharing your insights.

however the Mod Request board is for active mod projects, exegetical brainstorming and teamups etc, and not necessarily off-topic reflections.

I learned this the hard way myself hehe. we live and learn though.

I want you to know that, such discussions can be had, and are awesome to see,

though it helps avoid misunderstandings if netiquette is followed.

Instead, The Lounge (off topic thread) and FO4 General threads exist where such discussion could instead take place,

and I strongly encourage you to make use of their awesome features, and enjoy being a Nexus-er.

those places are much better suited to discussion of such a broad topic which verges on lore.

to your 'passionate', constructive critical 'feedback' on 'the state of the modding - FO4".

the first part - "why aren't there more FO4 mods?"

that is a very complex question all by itself, and there are several similarly themed threads here and elsewhere on nexus exploring that.

you could write a dissertation exploring this, and it's only one of the many questions asked.

There are a lot of factors at play, though I've suggested in the past it's more likely "turnaround time" which is more at play than other considerations.

"good things come to those who wait" - a lot of the more ambitious projects are going to take a lot of time.

Though, I have to say, we already have a LOT of awesome mods for FO4,

and it is Nexus Modders who are making the vast bulk and by metrics, the most downloaded and critically acclaimed mods come from Nexus.

we're at a point where the more limiting factors are imagination; there are so many mods you can mix and match, and there'll be many more to come in the future.

The more features folks are wanting, the longer that turn-around time is going to be...

To the second paragraph - "why aren't hypothetical likenesses and homages to other things more a thing?"

these aren't not anywhere, if you don't know where to look,

and you don't search for these things which do not exist by blatantly going directly in.

elsewhere and elsewhen is more the time and places to reflect on that.

the final paragraph is perhaps the more interesting;

most of that would seem more applicable to bethnet and bethesda itself, and less to nexus or other modding places.

I agree - elsewhere, many of the only mods there are 'cosmetic'; a few new textures or decals,

unlike mods at nexus which range from performance overhauls,

to new assets entirely, to voice overs... you name it.

there's something at nexus for all kinds of users - from low-end installs old school, to high end cutting edge VR and ultraHD -

some of the images and renders look photorealistic.

As critical as many have been of bethesda,

most of the time they make awesome stuff.

They make lots of titles, and have mostly a cool team. a track record of making open-world persistent sandbox games,

and innovating as a videogame company/publisher.

if they make mistakes now and then, I'm sure they can later come up with awesome.

-----

As I say - this is a very complex series of topics and questions,

which I would very much like to see discussed elsewhere,

so as folks can have discussions or reflections.

Hm thanks, going to have to disregard qwertyzelder, just the sear fact that he's one of those people who think you have to make something yourself in order to judge it, makes his points invalid. Course a lot of his points are invalid on their own don't get me wrong and steps over more lines then me. :/ but with the exception of the Tower Defense mod, thank you for that, not joking.

However DaddyDirection, I never demanded, I acknowledged this was a request and harsh rant in the beginning/warning, I just thought these would be obvious things that people would want to see in the game and make themselves, the whole reason I'm making this and NOT trying to do it myself, because well simply not wanting to, tried modding in other games a few times and never finished or got one in working order. If I tried now in fallout 4, it would probably look like something out of steam greenlight I gladly admit. But definitely does not at all mean I can't complain, critique and request. After all Requesting is for non moders to ask of, not demand or order, good modders that do it for fun, not as a job of course, I know that.

Thank you especially to you montky, though I still felt this went under request a bit more fittingly, maybe not the rant part, I can see how that was a little unwelcome. I Oh but, on a side note I don't recall copyright ever stopping mods before, unless you're Nintendo these days but in seriousness we already have things that go over copyrights like Dragon Ball art, Terminator skins and weapons, and many other things. and if it really came down to legal problems, I think we could plead fair use for many of these mods but regardless. I'm in full agreement with your other points, just don't want to write out in unnescary detail again. I'll probably move and (I hope only slightly) change this, to The Lounge after a while after a few more replies and if you still think I should.

just the sear fact that he's one of those people who think you have to make something yourself in order to judge it

that isnt what i said. i said try making a mod so you understand the work necessary. you can judge all you want without making a mod that is fine.

Course a lot of his points are invalid on their own don't get me wrong

explain

and steps over more lines then me.

explain