Mod organizer installer - WS.Malware.1

seweryn

So i wanted to download MO installer from skyrim nexus and i got this warning from my norton 360.

WS.Malware.1

A file flagged by this detection name is deemed by Symantec to be an unclassified malicious threat and is therefore blocked from accessing the computer.

Anyone knows what is going on ?

Thanks for the info,

So i wanted to download MO installer from skyrim nexus and i got this warning from my norton 360. WS.Malware.1 A file flagged by this detection name is deemed by Symantec to be an unclassified malicious threat and is therefore blocked from accessing the computer. Anyone knows what is going on ? Thanks for the info,

Post version and link here.

Upload what you got here: (https://www.virustotal.com/en/)

Verify it's not a false positive first, because it is an exe? here ,add ware may have gotten hold of it.

Edited by Purr4me

So i wanted to download MO installer from skyrim nexus and i got this warning from my norton 360. WS.Malware.1 A file flagged by this detection name is deemed by Symantec to be an unclassified malicious threat and is therefore blocked from accessing the computer. Anyone knows what is going on ? Thanks for the info,

Post version and link here.

Version 1.3.11

Name and link Mod Organizer v1_3_11 installer

Here you go

Already did checked both manual instalation and installer, links are clean but files itself can be infected. I already reported the issue.

This is a link to the report for the file when @Tannin first uploaded it and this is a report of the current file.

As you can see in both reports Virustotal is advising: Probably harmless! There are strong indicators suggesting that this file is safe to use.

While it may be possible the current upload has somehow been tampered with, the more likely scenario is the scanner that is reporting malicious code is not accurately reporting and is confusing some of MO's 'hooking' code as harmful.

Baidu may be one of China's largest companies but that doesn't mean they have the best AV software avaiable