MDB to FBX, FBX to MDB converter

FreshLook

no idea what that means; I understand the skeleton part, the faces zipped over my head.

its a model of a bear character I have been given and I was hoping someone with more learning than myself might look to see if its possible to import into NWN2. I would have to send a copy of the file but before I do I need to get permission from the creator of the file. Thus I sought interested persons.

Sorry to be a bother. I'll just be going now.

Oh: thanks for the reply... it meant something to me... anyway...

edit: Nevermind, was going to post a link but the chat wont let me paste anything. So stupid, that is.

Edited by ghowriter

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys, its been a while since i visit this topic.

Well I have some problems open a nwn2 animation into the 3ds max using de nw2fbx.

Look the image
63d918572c8c1b9921c61d6e7bac441f.jpg

I open up the skel and the skel animation, as you can see the bones appers ok into that mass hahaha, but thesse white objects are parts of the bones, the yellow parts is the selection of a bone, cam someone help with this bug?

EDIT: The 0.3 aplha works perfectly from de 0.4 to 0.8 the bug appears

Edited by jutaro

• 2 weeks later...

Well the name is P_HHM_C2h_1attack04

But the Bug appears in any animation.

I convert the P_HHM_skel.gr2 + P_HHM_C2h_1attack04.gr2 together to FBX on the 0.2 and everything is ok

I don't know if the convert is diferent on newer versions.

By looking at the screenshot, each bone appears to be enclosed by a bounding box, which seems oversized. I think the issue is related to this: in version 0.3, the units used for skeletons & animations were centimeters, and the skeleton scale was set to 0.01 so it didn't look too large in Blender, but using a scale of just 1.0 and meters as units seemed more logical to me so I changed it in 0.4. For some reason, the bounding boxes in 3ds max are oversized, but I'm not sure if consider it a bug of my tool. I searched about oversized max bounding boxes and found other people with similar issues. Maybe there is some import option to specify the units or you could hide/downscale the bounding boxes. Some interesting finds were:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/how-to-remove-white-boxes-around-object/td-p/7107917
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/importing-problems/td-p/7212982

hey @FreshLook,

rjshae over at the neverwintervault dicsovered that hook points won't get converted to .mdb.

i've also got a question about the material properties in blender. which properties of the principled bsdf shader will get written and used by the electron engine? in 3dsmax the specular level and glossiness is being used, does something similar apply to the specular, metallic and roughness values? thank you :wink:

Edited by Semp3r