Skyrim: Overlord

Pyrathas

What if the Dragonborn was evil?

Every ES game I know the hero is a prisoner or in a jail cell and there is really not much known why. In Skyrim the Dovakiin is caught crossing the border. But come on really?

Over the years I fantasized on what it would have made for a story that the Dovakiin was evil and had to be put down in secret. I give you Skyrim: Overlord. A mod quest that answers the whole Player's Origin.

You start out in your Lair, a castle full of undead guards and daedra worshipers. The Empire has joined Forces with the Thalmor and the Vigilantes of Stendarr to apprehend you and face justice for crimes against the Empire. The Thalmor want you taken alive for questioning (or study since you have power the possess). Anyways back to the Castle. The Castle is under siege like the Battle for Whiterun. Trebuchets are flinging rocks Draugr and skeletons are fighting the Combined armies and daedra worshipers are trying to get you to safety. You are almost there when you get struck by a poisoned arrow (similar to the scene with Karliah) and General Tulius and the Emissary start walking towards you from the shadows. Scene goes black. You wake up in the Skyrim Intro. ( I am trying to work with the Carriage bug here). So now the Emissary's remark to General Tulius "You are making a big mistake" is not about Ulfric Stormcloak. It's about losing you as a study exhibit. I mean really why would they care that Ulfric was executed in Helgen or not? I also added a Vigilant of Stendar getting torched after Torrig (when you are right under Alduin by the wall). An assassin trying to ensure your demise. You Ally with Ralof (I removed the imperial choice cause of the storyline). As soon as you enter Helgen Keep a quest pops up to look for clues of your gear you instead learn its scattered to the four corners of Skyrim. Now you have a reason to get involved in all the quests of Skyrim long before learning you are Dovakhiin. After you get done with Helgen and Alduin leaves a quest pops up to check your lair. You have to walk there so if you are trying to be immersive its best to follow Ralof for supplies.

You want more?

Imperials, Thalmor, and Vigilantes of Stendarr will attack you on site. You will need to either A join Ulfric and conquer the holds now or get a certain item similar to the Grey cowl of Nocturnal from the Oblivion series (I am testing this next).

Your Lair ( I haven't found a great name yet as the Lair of the Dovakhiin sounds cool but you don't know it yet) is a player home like the Hearthfires where you rebuild it and need certain items.

Additional quests ontop of main quests to rebuild your power.

Dark Spells Daerdra worshipping Followers and Serfs. Yes I am actually trying to make it possible to kidnap any NPC you want to work for you provided they aren't quest related.

Rebuild your army using Necromancy, Enslaving Bandits, Necromancers ect.

Its not ready yet as I am still tweaking everything but obviously a new save will be required. I put this here to hear from other people to see what they did to alter skyrim quests and to post my own questions to fix a problem. My main goal is to make a complete lore friendly game while making a player home worthy of an evil character.

What do you all think?

Not my cuppa tea but I suppose a lot of people will enjoy the change. I'm one of those players who will never complete the achivements because I won't join the thieves guild and the first thing I do when I get the chance, I wipe out the DB's. Its just me others would love this option its like the New starting location option mod offered to players, its something different.

At present I'm trying create a simple mod to find a better way to get to the word wall you can only access thru joining the TG or doing the Destroy the Thieves Guild Mod.

The Thalmor care about Ulfric not getting executed because they want the civil war to happen and to keep Ulfric as a possible asset. As for removing the Imperial choice I feel that is a huge mistake, what you should do is an alternative start kinda thing and have it being only the Vigilants as they aren't a major faction like the Imperial Legion and they could be manipulated by Thalmor agents.

That way you can still do the Imperial questline. Another solution for this is when rebuilding your lair and following you can employ spies or brainwash figures of note to get you on the good side of the Empire and hurt the Thalmor's influences, this could also come along in sort of a "you get a power that erases your misdeeds from a person's mind" or you use a dream entering ritual (which can be researched by Vaermina cultists) to access the dreams of Jarls, Tulius, any character of note really to change their memories or to fall in line.