Instantaneous Cell Reset Bug

SMB92

If you are collecting locations, Nuka World is rife. I know of multiple locations that reset rapidly.

ESE of Nuka Station there it an intersection with a guard house on the SE corner. There are five faction Raiders staging to attack a house to the E. The house will contain Gunners/Super Muts/non-hostile Scavengers.

SSW of Wixon's Shovel Museum there is a on ramp to an expressway. There will be five faction Raiders staging to attack the museum. The museum will contain Gunners/Super Muts/non-hostile Scavengers.

S of Bradburton and ENE of the Red Rocket Truck Stop is a barn. There will be five faction Raiders arrayed along the fence staging to attack a brick building to the S. The brick building will contain Gunners/Super Muts/non-hostile Scavengers.

W of Safari Adventureland (the fast travel landing point) across the parking lot and up the hill, will be a Death Jaw/Ghouls/Brahmaluffs doing battle with some Pack Raiders. The fight will normally be over by the time one arrives, so kill the winners, collect the loot and look up the hill to the W. There is a log-pole tower on the hill. As you head up the hill, you will encounter five faction Raiders staging to attack the tower. The tower will have Gunners/Super Muts/non-hostile Scavengers.

W of Dry Gulch ( the fast travel landing point) is a storage area with some buildings. There will be five faction Raiders staging to attack the buildings. The buildings will contain Gunners/Super Muts/non-hostile Scavengers.

These are only samples. There are another half dozen unnamed in remote places where cave crickets, rats, blood worms, flying ants and various other critters re-spawn.
I have made as many as three trips around a circuit of these places on multiple occasions.
Edited by PoorlyAged

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than not respawning at all, I say. In my game, I'm stuck with the Pipe Weapon drop bug even though it was supposed to have been fixed.

And I have no noticed cells respawning too fast, and my setting is every 3 days.

Edited by Lisselli

It occurred to me that the respawn rate is a function of the level you are playing. The harder the level, the faster places respawn. I play on Hard to keep things interesting and that may be affecting the rapid respawn rates I mentioned above.

• 2 months later...

Necromancing my own thread. Well, I'm still actively looking for the cause

This bug seems to have nothing to do with respawn timers as such, its like the game cannot save any changes or the state of that cell once you leave it and thus it instantly resets. I mostly see it with mods that simply just add new objects to a cell maybe even a spawn point, and they don't always poke any of the vanilla stuff either so its not a precalc thing I think.

Inherently this game will spawn randomly as designed.

Rubber banding or if things are just right, over spawning.

The free characters / random that appear are built on XP, quests achieved which in turn ----turn on things in the game as you go.

This can drive you nuts if your not ready for it.

If the game is played so that each time you run it, the game will generate these things differently each time you reload it.

Mods excite this aspect even more so to some points it breaks things...interferes with the random generations.

If the game is sound, no errors are with in it or settings are all perfect, you can replicate actions and never get the same thing twice, you can get close.

I can give you test examples on a default game setup with DLC content to show you this strange random thing take place.

I can put it another way.

TIME.

As the game plays out, time builds, as that time builds, things change according to time played.

There IS a benchmark required for specific amount of time..it is a game after all, achievements are part of that time value.

The Idea is to out play that value, gain XP, build up your scores under the limits for each task.

A reset starts the limit over but invalidates the time required to complete the tasks involved, so you loose that stage of the game and gain nothing.

This can bee seen by settlements invalidating your skill points, and by chance...tells you about it too.

Not quite the problem I'm seeing though, I can literally walk 3 cells away from one of these problem cells and walk back after its unloaded (in the space of 20 seconds) and the whole cell is reset, items containers you name it, regardless of tge default timer.

I've recently started to see a pattern emerge with REtriggers and Encounter Zones. I think its a save game issue where potentially Automatron random spawns and their associated EZ's are borking something in the save game.

I am looking closely while I am rebuilding War of the Commonwealth.

Sounds like the issue lies with encounter zones somehow.

I can suggest you remove the encounter zones from the affected cells tied to the location and then run a timer that resets the location(it will reset all the cells with it) based on the player's gamesetting for respawning(iHoursToRespawnCell), optionally having a separate check that doesn't reset if the timer ends and the player is still in the cell, can make for some unexpected results otherwise. Actors might reset in very odd ways if the player is around.

Thicket is by the weirdest of the fast spawning cells I have. Ext05(the entrance area) will not reset fast, but the bottom portion area will reset as soon as it's unloaded.

Edit: Obviously can cause conflicts with mods that edit the encounter zone, location and cell forms.

Reset() does not override the "Never Resets" option on Encounter Zones, and I found that to be a bummer, but logically makes sense. It would have also though prevented any need to edit encounter zones.

Edited by TheDungeonDweller

I'll find out more on the weekend. I'm gonna run tests in this area deliberately (thicket) on the new mod system. Hopefully something stands out