Instantaneous Cell Reset Bug

SMB92

Im getting this in a new game right now, cept atm its Sanctuary area, and concord aka all the areas so far , no spawn mods, but seeing it a lot lately,

update:

Several Boston marathons later, I tested a few mods on and off and a few other things. It seems SURVIVAL Difficulty is they key, regardless of the mods i tested on or off, Survival OFF (with a save/exit/restart) meant no more respawning raiders and misc on my route from Vault 111 to the diner.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have the opposite problem. I for whatever reasons can not get spawns to lower from the default value.
Mods and no mods dlc and no dlc the game outright will not let me change it thru mods or console command.

I'm trying to get respawns and cells to reset every 6 hours *prefered* yet I go somewhere and clear it out and than go into sanctuary root cellar and sleep 24hours. Still cleared and the enemies are all still dead. It worked awhile ago but once I got all the dlc and patches it seems to have stopped working as intended.

so while all of you people are mad it does this im trying to get it to do this but under my chosen times. It refuses.

I would love to have the opposite problem. I for whatever reasons can not get spawns to lower from the default value.

Mods and no mods dlc and no dlc the game outright will not let me change it thru mods or console command.

I'm trying to get respawns and cells to reset every 6 hours *prefered* yet I go somewhere and clear it out and than go into sanctuary root cellar and sleep 24hours. Still cleared and the enemies are all still dead. It worked awhile ago but once I got all the dlc and patches it seems to have stopped working as intended.

so while all of you people are mad it does this im trying to get it to do this but under my chosen times. It refuses.

What level in the game are you at how many stages in quest have you completed what is your character status?

I've been able to reproduce the bug reliably with 3 factors. One the Beantown mod, Two the Plenty O Exploration mod and 3 precombined meshes.

With Beantown it adds a small shop in Concord, the nuka world shop. By default BT has no precombined. I added in PoE and it adds places nearby in same cell. The bug happens, everything reset instantly. I changed the load order to load PoE after BT. Bug goes away. In both cases precombined was disabled. So I regenerated precombined for performance and bug returns.

However when I started a new game the bug went away, with or without precombineds. Strange as hell.

Now there is a good one in Mojave Imports. Front of Super Duper Mart. Always reset. Does not touch anything in vanilla this mod, only add items in cell, precombineds remain enabled naturally. So bloody bizarre.

There is something among all this in common but I have not found it, apart from what I have already said. Something is corrupting? Or God knows what and causes that cell to never save or save data to be always corrupt.

I will try to examine save game in depth at some point. For now mind blown.

Maybe... the bug occurs when you overwrite cell data with a new esp.

Have you tried the purge cell buffer command with the console? (pcb)

When you do a forced cell reset, it does not work without it.

Maybe... the bug occurs when you overwrite cell data with a new esp.

Â

Have you tried the purge cell buffer command with the console? (pcb)

When you do a forced cell reset, it does not work without it.

Have not tried the command, I have my doubts though.

It's weird how it works, it has something to do with the state of the precalc, I just don't know what. Not all of Mojave Imports edited cells reset, but a lot of them do and all that is done is a few items added, he has not poked a single vanilla ref. You could be on to something, perhaps vanilla precombined need to change? Or be regenerated even when no vanilla ref is touched? Strange strange strange.

I've got precombined set up in that Concord cell right now and I also manually fixed up the conflict with BT and Poe fighting for that shop front, it's not instantly resetting for me atm. Found a little camp-site west of Sanctuary, north of Abernathy that has some MI added alcohol and it always resets.

Im trying to tell if the reset issue affects the single cell or a 3x3 grid. It seems like it's a 3x3 grid, which would suggest previs is the culprit. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it's got something to do with the "dynamic" part of previs mentioned briefly on the wiki

How does this work? I take a cell and place a bottle there. I take the bottle, fast travel 2-3 times and go back, the bottle respawned? (respawn is ticked for the bottle)

How does this work? I take a cell and place a bottle there. I take the bottle, fast travel 2-3 times and go back, the bottle respawned? (respawn is ticked for the bottle)

It should not respond until the cell timer has reset the cell. Otherwise loot mining is a thing. But yes that is exactly what happens. And it's trigger by some combination of data or lack of data or corrupted data or God knows what data in the precalc for the cell, all evidence suggest.

I narrowed down the encounter zone idea, that was fine. I spawn actors with custom EZs and everything is good. So that's off the cards too just FYI.

I've made a workaround for that bug by setting all encounter zones to Never Resets.

http://i.imgur.com/ra3p4X5.jpg

I'm still testing this in my current playthrough. 80 hours in the game and no cell reset bug occurred. Looks really good so far.

No refilled containers, no reactivated traps, no new bottles in Nuka-Cola vending machines.

The good thing is, dead bodies get cleaned up and random encounters are still spawning even if encounter zones will never reset.

Edited by Ablaze666

Encounter zones, that never reset? That would mean... it just came to my mind, is concord a never reset zone? Because enemies do respawn, but the dead deathclaw never gets removed. Also, if its a never reset zone, why? Because of the quest? When encounter zones are set to never reset, they don't reset their items, even when they are set to respawn? NPC resets are independent from encounter zones?

Im not sure, but you can set an item ref to respawn, when placed somewhere in the world. What happens when the item is set to respawn and the zone says, no. Or the other way around.