Minimum = 93ms, Maximum = 94ms, Average = 93ms

My connection speed / type: 50mbps / obtical fiber
 Anything special about my connection: Nothing special
 My Environment: Windows 10 Pro
 What Antivirus / malware used: Avira Free Antivirus

File Details
 Mod Page: Just nexusmods.com

Problem Details
I was using "www.nexusmods.com/skyrim" to download mods for skyrim, it was working properly but suddenly it started to constantly refresh. I cannot use the website at all. I am logged in but I cannot log out, I can choose a game from nexusmods.com and can click "FILES" button with drop down, but whenever I type something in search and click submit, it just refreshes the current page. If I chose one of the mods that are featured when clicking FILES button, it does go to that mod's page, but when I try to click download with manager or download manually, it shows that white cog icon for a second and refreshes back to the page when you click FILES. 

I thought I had viruses and adware/spyware, so I reinstalled my windows today. It's a clean install, I still can't use the site with same problems.

EDIT: I am currently using chrome but I tried different browsers like firefox or edge, same results.

Edited by Adsffm, 06 February 2017 - 12:22 pm.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,505 posts

Hi there,

This is unrelated to downloading files. It sounds like something on your PC is blocking the javascript from working. This could be an adblocker, script blocker, anti-virus, anti-malware or internet security suite.

DavinaJo

DavinaJo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

I am also experiencing non access issues, and i had access as recently as 6:00pm EST Feb 8, 2017,  Killing my antivirus and Malware Solution is not exactly safe. and i don't know how to find it's blacklist /whitelist to add Nexusmods to it.

( though i'm sure i could find out )

Camocode

Camocode

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having issues with nexus, it won't open the tabs when I hover over files, when I click search or try to access my account it refreshes and if I click files on a mod page it keeps going up to the top of the page. it was working perfectly fine and I have had similar issues but it fixed itself when I either restart my computer or close the internet but now I have had my laptop off for more than 8 hours and it is still doing the same thing.

BabyPunter1992

BabyPunter1992

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Same here. I can't login, change preferences, and if I try to download something that has a pop-up window telling me that I need another mod to run it properly, it's a pain to get it to continue on to the actual download,

justinjah91

justinjah91

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I am also having this issue. I dont have an adblocker and I've tried chrome, firefox, and edge with no luck at all. Some of the ads on the nexus are really sketchy, so I'm not about to shut off my antivirus and firewall.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,505 posts

I'm sorry you're having issues.

If you get refreshing pages when you click a link, tabs don't work or the javascript on-page modal pop-ups don't show, this means javascript isn't working on the page. Something on your system is preventing it from working and, unfortunately, that means it's something you need to "fix" on your end, rather than on ours.

TheMastersSon

TheMastersSon

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I am also having this issue. I dont have an adblocker and I've tried chrome, firefox, and edge with no luck at all. Some of the ads on the nexus are really sketchy, so I'm not about to shut off my antivirus and firewall.

Of those two the first is a more likely culprit imo. If you can disable your antivirus at least for testing it should help steer you to the solution. Also certain browser extensions (e.g. Noscript etc) are intended to block access to unwanted content and can easily cause constant refresh problems (Noscript even has a specific option to auto-refresh on page changes, etc). Also most or all browsers respect the settings in Control Panel/Internet Options/Security, not just Internet Explorer. If these security settings have been customized try resetting them to defaults in that window.

Edited by TheMastersSon, 19 February 2017 - 02:09 pm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refreshing, refresh, cant use

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.978 seconds