Heavy Traffic ×

[LE] How to create .BSA, only with own files?

sexloverra

Hi, i need to create .BSA file for my mod, but the files i am using are in DATA folder, and i have not separated them from other files. Now, i do not know if a file in DATA folder, work for my mod, or for other mod.

How can i recognize only the files that i need for my mod?

This is the guide I used to help me package a .bsa, hopefully it can help you out. It's for the Special Edition, but I can imagine it is similar for the original game too. Just ignore the parts that reference the SE related stuff.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4991860-how-to-pack-skyrim-se-mods/

Edit:

Here's a video for the original game and how to make .bsa's and stuff. I've never watched it though, so I don't know how good it is, but it may be more helpful then the written guide I shared due it not being for the SE.

Edited by DaddyDirection

The guide at the forum link given above is for SSE archives only; do not pack you files like this for vanilla it is entirely different.

In order to create a bsa you are going to have to separate out the custom meshes and textures you use in your mod into another directory of your choice maintaining the correct directory structure:

So <yourdirectory> will have meshes and texture folders with your custom stuff in the correct subfolders then you can create an archive using archive.exe as in the video linked above.