Changing ownership on multiple cells?

Shadintie

If I wanted to change the ownership of multiple cells in FONV, is there a smarter, more efficient way to do it than by manually changing each ownership in Cell View?

I feel like there's probably a way to do it by script but I am completely new to modding and coding so I have no idea how to do it.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=SetCellOwnership

But that would be for having an in game action cause that result in a script.

And you would have to name each cell in the script.

So if you just want to set them in your mod as initially owned ... might as well just set that on the Cell Data.

Edited by Mktavish

Do you think it would be possible to modify jazzisparis' script to set the ownership for the cells instead?

Basically I'm trying to change the ownership of some containers. I tried adding the containers to the form list in the script but it didn't work. I also found out that in order to properly do it, I have to change the ownership of the cells as well.

So do you think I should somehow wrangle the script into setting ownership on containers and/or cells or is setting it individually still the best option?

I went ahead and set the cells just in case, but is there something I can do about the containers?

With ownership of items , which is what makes them count as a crime when taken.

First the ownership of the item is considered , if none is selected ...

Then the ownership of the container is considered , if none is selected ...

Then ownership of the Cell is considered.

So if you want certain items , or whole containers to not be considered stealing.

You can set their NPC ownership to "Player" as long as it is not a container that another NPC will need to use.

But you could use the faction ownership to let the player share it's useablility , by making a new faction ... and adding the player to it.

However ... if the ownership set on the cell is the only way any containers/items are being claimed ... then you can just change that to none. But will also effect any tresspassing if it was something in use.

Edited by Mktavish

But you could use the faction ownership to let the player share it's useablility , by making a new faction ... and adding the player to it.

However ... if the ownership set on the cell is the only way any containers/items are being claimed ... then you can just change that to none. But will also effect any tresspassing if it was something in use.

I set a bunch of things to "no ownership" but it seems like when I steal something, I still get infamy for it. Is "no ownership" different from "faction - playerfaction"? Which is also a property I saw a lot of but I didn't change anything when I saw it. Should I change that to none as well.

This is particularly a problem in Goodsprings. I changed everything to none and it seems to work inside buildings, but there's still something outside that is apparently owned by someone else and I can't figure out what it is.

I set a bunch of things to "no ownership" but it seems like when I steal something, I still get infamy for it. Is "no ownership" different from "faction - playerfaction"? Which is also a property I saw a lot of but I didn't change anything when I saw it. Should I change that to none as well.

This is particularly a problem in Goodsprings. I changed everything to none and it seems to work inside buildings, but there's still something outside that is apparently owned by someone else and I can't figure out what it is.

Yes anything with the faction ownership set will also count as stealing , unless the player is in the faction , or has ally status I think.

You are talking about containers outside and pickable plants ? Yes these have the faction ownership set.

The faction ownership is used so that all people in the faction will consider it a crime , and react accordingly ... otherwise only the NPC set as ownership would react.

Another way that will set ownership for a whole area ... is an encounter zone. But that is not the case for goodsprings , and it looks like the NV mainfile doesn't set any ownerships with encounter zones anyways. But some of the DLC's and others mods may do that. So just mentioning for a place to check in the future.

Edited by Mktavish