nexus hate?

gloomygrim

I like nexus's various sites, well the TES ones, but i have been readnig some posts on other forums, not naming names of forums or posters its unfair and may cause offence.

Posts topics/replies are on how this site has gone down hill, modders/site staff asking for donations and lack of respect from users and damin staff.

Well since i moved here from PES i have had nothing ever happen on nexus ever that shows any of these to have any amount of truth behind them, staff actually asking for donations i can see as being a bit cr** but there is a difference between " please donate here, link," and " if you would like to help support us you can donate, link,". every time i have seen a topic start to spiral into flaming, mindless trolling or even 2 members trading insults the admin have put an end to it quicky, no mod i have ever downloaded has ever been corrupt or infected and i have had no member be an arse.

Were are these people, looking to see these things or are they, imho the reason, users who have been banned and have some beef with the site/admin? i ask as i really dont like to see sites put down over personal beefs which may put off further users.

cheers all. grim

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things:

1. Chinese whispers is rife in any community. Don't believe everything you read. There's always two sides to a story. Etc.
  2. Hate and disdain come with the territory of being the most used resource in any area. Look at the hate for Steam. Look at the hate for Facebook. Look at the hate for Google. And so on and so forth. It's natural.
  3. "Hater's gonna hate"

I just find it infuriating that cr** is posted on big sites were some people may learn of this community, specially ones who may never have used a mod before or very new to creating there own mods.

Aye your right though haters goina hate, as much as they shoudl grow up lol

Largely the impression I get is that people don't like that this site takes a very pro-active stance on anti-piracy/anti-infringement. Look at the ban logs, you'll see days where 10 - 20 people get banned because they registered and immediately posted:

"Got super-special-secret non-Steam Skyrim how do I make it work? Also 50 viruses plz suggest anti-virus."

They get instantly banned and probably instantly bitter about it.

Aye that makes sense, i guess im still under the impression people have a brain large enoug to google anti virus soft ware and refrain from asking stupid questions that could get the site in trouble, with SOPA/PIPA being such a large topic recenlty and the fact its a well known thing not to request these thing in gamming forums.

i forget that folks dont use whats between there ears lol

Aye folks dont read any more lol, its like join start talking, uploading ect and o wait im banned WTF am i banned for lol.

The disclaimer should lock your pc for 5 mins so you have little choice to read it lol. Thinkin about it, would they really be wanted on nexus lol

The Nexus is able to remain a safe and welcoming place for players and modders of all skill levels because we take pains to ensure that the rules are enforced (to the best of our abilities) and don't tolerate the kind of juvenile misbehaviour that other sites do.

My all-time favourite observation on this subject was made in response to a thread on GameFAQs created to complain about getting banned here:

Should of left it instead of a sarcastic remark.

Everyone knows the mods on the nexus rule with an iron fist.

Precisely. :thumbsup:

I agree with this, but I wouldn't give a lot about those... individuals. There isn't much "hate" for Nexus out there, only small insignificant groups of even more so insignificant people with yet more insignificant opinions who clearly weren't a loss to the community in general.

Sure, they might implant some wrong opinions about the Nexus into potential new users' minds, but if reading their posts isn't enough to tell it's better not to give anything on their opinions, well, then it's those users' own fault for loosing out on what the Nexus has to offer.

This GameFAQs topic is an invaluable example of what those... people really are. I actually read all 45 pages of neverending nonsense they wrote so far. They never provided any facts to their statements, never read the rules of the Nexus or have the slightest idea that "No-Strike Zone" means it doesn't make sense to ask "Where were my 3 strikes?!" and their false accusations lack any connection to reality. The most funny (or sad?) thing is that whoever had the guts to post some facts and tell some truth was either labeled "completely missing the point" or just called a "troll". If one of the most-active supporters with more then 3 posts on each page would suddenly realise his wrongs and write something with proofs and facts to correct his previous mistake, he'd just be marked as a troll as well, as if he never ever supported the topic at all to begin with.

This thread is so full of wrong statements, missing knowledge and "facts" which couldn't be farther away from truth, that if this small fraction is a representative example of this website's user base, then I officially question its use for answering "Frequently Asked Questions". Given the undeniable overall lack of knowledge they show over there, the "answers" one is to find there can't be worth a dime to begin with.

I already asked this once, if the Nexus, its rules and the enforcement of those really was such a pain for modders, why would there still be the most of them and of users around here?

I got the admittedly weird, yet pointless answer "because the most modders and users are around here", implying nonsense like we didn't have a choice or anything, but do you really believe if most modders couldn't stand the way Nexus operates, they won't have left already ages ago and taken their user base with them?! Actually I'm convinced, from watching the scene for... I lost track how many years already, that actually most modders are around here, "because" of the rules and the way they're enforced by the staff. This situation is "welcomed" by majority, not just "tolerated". The terms "safe haven" and similar ones I've read over the years didn't come from someone only here because there's no other choice!

And my "challenge" (ahem) to show me even one single ban report which wasn't due to an obvious rule break and wasn't really for the better of the site (good riddance) up to now still remains unanswered.

From their way to go about their being banned from here previously for very obvious misbehavior, the people the likes of which post this hate propaganda in other forums really aren't something I want to get in contact with. They aren't worth it and undeniably have to grow up first, no matter their... age.

Uhm, sorry for the ranting. Guess I've just read too much of their... well, I'm lacking a fitting word here for what they call a discussion over there. Just don't pay any attention to what they write. You won't be missing anything of worth... unless you're searching for a good giggle fit.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon