Zodiac19

So I have found myself fond of a few of the nordic ruins, the large ones in particular, and the OVERLY EMPTY Ruin added by helgen reborn (not too big a fan of the rest of the mod itself.) and I rounded my thoughts on Volskygge.

Volskygge seems to be in the perfect location for a re-integration of civilization and for likely the best and new introduction of The Orcish Shaman tribe I just made up, The white Orcs.

White Orcs: The Falorsimer; Orcs as pale as their long lost cousins the falmer and long since abandoned by malakath, they turned to Auriel for salvation and prosperity. studying the arcane arts deep within the tundra traveling and hiding from mankind in fear of their war like endevors these orcs, although powerful warriors and mages, stray from conflict as much as possible.

The mod would be a short storyline that would first require the dragonborn, or the alt start hero of whatever to first clear out Volskygge and wait 10 days in game. Clearing Volskygge and obtaining the mask of the dragon priest would be the first required task of this mod as an unlabeled quest. after which in lore speak the white orcs would decide to take up residence in volskygge to begin their own city and civilization.

Before returning to volskygge to begin the short questline the dragonborn/whatever would first learn or the newcity forming from a stray white orc traveling across skyrim's landscape in a black and white robe similar to adept robes.

Finally, returning to volskygge the dragonborn/whatever discovers newly errected walls and fortifications, if anything, these orcs work fast. the new walls and fortifications roughly resemble standard wooden walls, and towers as they are currently building the real walls and towers. Walking up to the main gate A Paladin, one of the highest rankings in the new orcish community walks up to the dragon born and request that they leave immediately. the paladin would be wearing ivory armor with black robes overtop (if you've seen the ebonmage armor and the ivory armor mods, fuse them in your head.), In The paladin's right hand an ivory sword and in the left a fireball spell. The dragonborn can now enter dialogue with the paladin, but all attempts to get try and enter the city will fail in dialogue unless the dragonborn has volsung's mask equipped. Wearing the mask before confronting the paladin will have unique dialogue, and wearign it after as well, but it would be required to gain entry to the city.

entering the new orc city for the first time since the place was cleared would show a few tents set up and a lot of workers mining out the landscape to better suit their needs.

many of the white orcs would don the same black and white robes as the wandering orc, some might wear armor, and some might just wear miners clothes.

The dragonborn/whatever is directed straight inside the main tomb at the entrance for the first encounter where a handful of orcs are clearing the odly designed sideways nordic architecture, hard labor, and one slightly larger than average white orc with violet eyes and a plain white monks robe stands staring at the work, donning a beard and dreadlocks with horned eyebrows turns to face the dragonborn/whatever once close enough.

engaging in conversation the orc asks questions about the ruins and the mask, with a high enough enchant level the dragonborn can cleverly mention the mask uses an ancient enchantment that can no longer be found anywhere else etc. through some interesting dialogue the orc decides he likes the db/we and offers a proposal. the dragonborn would set out to find a string of artifacts lost in dwemmer and nordic ruins all across skyrim, for each the dragonborn is payed in pieces of the white orc armory, and another part of the city is complete.

after obtaining three artifacts the db/we's questline is interupted by a thalmor seige, mainly because the thalmor are a bunch of D*CKS! after fighting off the thalmor and finding both a note and another artifact called "Volsung's Amulet" a dragon shaped amulet with an intimidation enchantment on it the db/we can turn in the amulet and note and begin the questline again and continue the hunt for lost artifacts. some artifacts will also require some vanilla story missions to have been completed before venturing to find the artifacts as some sections of some ruins will be blocked off or hidden until then.

after retrieving all of the artifacts the db/we can finally return to a beautifully nord inspired orc village, which some of the landscape has changed, and white orcs peacefully roam about practicing magic and enjoying the market like any other city, except only white orcs. the DB/we get's a hefty sum of xxxxxx gold and a key to the armory within the ruins and free reign of the city both inside and out.

multiple other missions would be available after main mission is complete.

interior of volskygge will be partly restored/rebuilt and integrated into both a temple, college, and part of the living quarters. As well as the Armory for which an assortment of special weapons, armors, and artifacts can be retrieved.

Thats about it.

I have more ideas for this, but I'd rather not get my hopes up. as a modder and game developer I have a total of ZERO finished projects, and nothing to show for my ideas or ambitions. If someone would want to work on this with me, let me know, if someone just wants to take the project, go right ahead.

Edited by Zodiac19