Custom Map Marker Icons

Skagens

Hello.

Making another post again, since I didn't find a precise and direct answer to this question. Is there a way to add custom map marker icons to the game? I know SkyUI adds several icons to the user interface but I was wondering if I could somehow add my own map markers to the game. The nearest I've found is just recolors of the originals but no custom map markers.

Is it even possible? I found this thread and scoured through it but I didn't find a direct answer. From what I've gathered, it's possible but it's a really complicated process involving different software. If it's that complicated then I'll surrender but if there is a simple and not too complicated way to make it happen then I'd love to know how.

Thanks.

You need to edit the map.swf file (in the interfaces bsa). There are two programs from Source Tec called Sothink SWF Editor and Sothink SWF Decompiler which allow you to edit existing map markers and make new ones. I had a play around with these a while ago but it wasn't straight forward and I parked my plans for custom map markers at the bottom of a long TBD list.

The software has an evaluation period of 30days my time has now run out!

• 3 years later...

You need to edit the map.swf file (in the interfaces bsa). There are two programs from Source Tec called Sothink SWF Editor and Sothink SWF Decompiler which allow you to edit existing map markers and make new ones. I had a play around with these a while ago but it wasn't straight forward and I parked my plans for custom map markers at the bottom of a long TBD list.

The software has an evaluation period of 30days my time has now run out!

Where do i Put the Custom Icon?