HD DLC - Technical Details

ousnius

wait....that means this dlc pack no way require a 1080(I am running it perfectly fine with a 1070 8gb)... the size does not transfer to the resolution and quality, but just bunch of duplicated useless stuff

No, the requirements are still accurate.

Just because there's duplicates, doesn't mean the other 45 GB of the texture pack aren't much.

My card's 4GB of memory were already full without the HD pack at 1440p and without mods.

Both a 1070 and a 1080 are completely fine of course.

The reason they put the 1080 instead of the 1070 is because it has way faster memory (not bigger) so there won't be stuttering when loading many textures.

Note that stuttering isn't the same as frame rate loss.

Did you actually compare them pixel for pixel? Just being the same file size doesn't say much, since texture compression guarantees a certain file size for a given texture size and format.

Yes, both the OP and my post above say so. You don't have to compare the pixels visually, you just hash the binary file content and compare the hashes - they were identical.

Well, the reason I asked is because the OP did not actually say so. The OP said, "Duplicate means the file size, dimensions and format are the same." Which had no mention of the hash.

Did you actually compare them pixel for pixel? Just being the same file size doesn't say much, since texture compression guarantees a certain file size for a given texture size and format.

Yes, both the OP and my post above say so. You don't have to compare the pixels visually, you just hash the binary file content and compare the hashes - they were identical.

Well, the reason I asked is because the OP did not actually say so. The OP said, "Duplicate means the file size, dimensions and format are the same." Which had no mention of the hash.

Guess you're right about the OP. I did say it in a post though.

However, even just the file size would have been enough to check, because the chance is close to zero that Beth would update a texture without increasing its dimensions.

In theory it's possible, but realistically there's no reason they would do that.

Anyway, yes. The duplicates are definitely identical dupes.