Converting mods from SSE to Oldrim

Jafin16

Sorry for double posting, but I wanted to give an update.

I seem to be running with then same issue I always have when it come to the Oldrim mod Song of Green. While I cannot confirm if Auri Redone works, I can confirm that the Bethesda.net mod Cheat Room works perfectly.

and if you wish for further proof, here is my oldrim folder

so I can indeed say it is possible to port a Skyrim Special Edition mod to Oldrim as long as it is a single .esp file. Also, I also remembered that SSE mods can be ported as long as they are a .esp and a .bsa files, the mod cannot have a .bsl. like with SSE Inigo, due to there being a .bsl file, he is not portable. I cannot say if armor, building or scenery mods are portable, but I can say companion mods, weapon mods and certain game changing mods are possible as long as there is only a single .esp and .bsa file. as long as the mod does not have a .bsl file, you are good to go.

also, when you going to port a mod from SSE to Oldrim, you must, and I mean must, rename the .esp and .bsa to a different name, it cannot be the same file name.

When porting the mod, download the manual file, extract the .zip/7z file, go to the file that is a .esp and .bsa and rename them. Afterwards repackage the file, rename the file and either manually install or use a your choice of mod organizer to install the file.

I hope this helps.

Thanks! I was hoping to backport a simple mod that just added some books, and tweak it into a new mod anyway. I'm going to try this.