Creating an Enchantment through script

RedNinja029

I disagree. He is doing all of the things we routinely implore other posters to do, such as experimenting on his own and looking at similar effects that already exist in the game. The only reason he is struggling at all is that there is no really good way to do what he wants to do, but it can be done as long as you are willing to make compromises and use workarounds.

You guys are going to do great things together.

Well I do but it didn't seem like you were interested.

If he ever stops ignoring you. :wacko:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was obviously very excited about what he was working on and wanted to see his own ideas through before he got sidetracked by somebody else's. I can totally empathize with that. I don't see any reason to be so hostile somebody who is obviously trying to learn something new to them and really working at it instead of expecting other people to hold their hand the whole way. That's how modders learn and innovate. Edited by lofgren

Well I didn't get it working. Masterofnet you come across as pretty damn rude and pretty arrogant if that's the word to use.

You may post for help and wait for a reply but I ike to experiment and try things myself instead of waiting to be spoon fed. Everyday is a school day they say and I'm still learning how to use this.

You may well know what your doing but no need to put down others eh! Unless that's something you get pleasure from then I pity you. Me coming on here and posting was the last thing for me. I rarely ask for help but I'm hoping to learn something new not asking someone to do it for me.

Back to the point. Apologies iofgreen I didn't see the reply you made I just posted my message without refreshing I'm not at the computer right now but just to refresh the magic effect and enchant work absolutely fine together.

For anyone that doesn't understand what I am saying I'll try explain it a bit better.

The weapon I am making will drain health "IF" player is vampire. But also Only "IF" the enemy is a race such as Breton, Khajit,Argonian,imperial, redguard, Falmer, snow elf, wood elf, high elf and troll race. Basically to rule out Jon humanoid like and undead character and includes predominantly the main races.

So ABSORB HEALTH FF CONTACT magic effect was duplicated renamed with a Base cost of 0. I put the conditions of which race to be cast on in the magic affect (but I also noticed a place for it under target tab on the perk) I've watched a series of videos and looked for maybe 2 weeks over the Internet and various posts I can find anything really.

I want to try the script as a means to enable the enchantment which I go to work (no errors) I believe the fault lays with an error in either the magic effect I made incorrectly setup or the perk.

I wouldn't mind it being player only at all. I intend the use the sword alone. I don't use followers anyhow too slow and clumsy for me. I like the added challenge.

I've spent around 100 hours tring to figure this out for your information. I've no idea what you mean attach it to a cloak etc. I'm running the magic perk overhaul pretty big also I run the better vampires and sacrosanct and with patch also moonlight tales.

Not to sure on your cloak ability remark. Not sure what you mean.

The perk I was making was hidden ticked (invisible) just like the wuuthrad ysgramor blade runs off an invisible perk

What I am trying to create is a mix between wuuthrad script (still enchantable) but with an ability similar to lord harkons. Just health absorb but to certain races.

I'm trying to explain it best I can. I'll try again soon and upload some more imgurs of my progress. Maybe someone can point at some anomalies/errors.

Appreciate all responses so far on this post though. Thank you kindly. I'll be in CK within the hour through the night to try get this finished hopefully

He was obviously very excited about what he was working on and wanted to see his own ideas through before he got sidetracked by somebody else's. I can totally empathize with that. I don't see any reason to be so hostile somebody who is obviously trying to learn something new to them and really working at it instead of expecting other people to hold their hand the whole way. That's how modders learn and innovate.

Ya, That's it. I must not have been looking at this right way. Maybe now he will calm down, listen, and stop ignoring you.

Stating facts is not hostile.

BTW - We have just found out he has been seeing his own ideas through for a 100 hours now.

Edited by Masterofnet

Well I didn't get it working. Masterofnet you come across as pretty damn rude and pretty arrogant if that's the word to use.

You may post for help and wait for a reply but I ike to experiment and try things myself instead of waiting to be spoon fed. Everyday is a school day they say and I'm still learning how to use this.

You may well know what your doing but no need to put down others eh! Unless that's something you get pleasure from then I pity you. Me coming on here and posting was the last thing for me. I rarely ask for help but I'm hoping to learn something new not asking someone to do it for me.

Back to the point. Apologies iofgreen I didn't see the reply you made I just posted my message without refreshing I'm not at the computer right now but just to refresh the magic effect and enchant work absolutely fine together.

For anyone that doesn't understand what I am saying I'll try explain it a bit better.

The weapon I am making will drain health "IF" player is vampire. But also Only "IF" the enemy is a race such as Breton, Khajit,Argonian,imperial, redguard, Falmer, snow elf, wood elf, high elf and troll race. Basically to rule out Jon humanoid like and undead character and includes predominantly the main races.

So ABSORB HEALTH FF CONTACT magic effect was duplicated renamed with a Base cost of 0. I put the conditions of which race to be cast on in the magic affect (but I also noticed a place for it under target tab on the perk) I've watched a series of videos and looked for maybe 2 weeks over the Internet and various posts I can find anything really.

I want to try the script as a means to enable the enchantment which I go to work (no errors) I believe the fault lays with an error in either the magic effect I made incorrectly setup or the perk.

I wouldn't mind it being player only at all. I intend the use the sword alone. I don't use followers anyhow too slow and clumsy for me. I like the added challenge.

I've spent around 100 hours tring to figure this out for your information. I've no idea what you mean attach it to a cloak etc. I'm running the magic perk overhaul pretty big also I run the better vampires and sacrosanct and with patch also moonlight tales.

Not to sure on your cloak ability remark. Not sure what you mean.

The perk I was making was hidden ticked (invisible) just like the wuuthrad ysgramor blade runs off an invisible perk

What I am trying to create is a mix between wuuthrad script (still enchantable) but with an ability similar to lord harkons. Just health absorb but to certain races.

I'm trying to explain it best I can. I'll try again soon and upload some more imgurs of my progress. Maybe someone can point at some anomalies/errors.

Appreciate all responses so far on this post though. Thank you kindly. I'll be in CK within the hour through the night to try get this finished hopefully

Then why are you not listening to anyone?

If you have spent a 100 hours on this and still do not know the things you have been attempting have no chance of working you need to calm down, step back and take a look at this from a clearer perspective.

When Lofgren was attempting to help you and asking you questions you ignored him and duplicated this thread somewhere else. Why?

BTW - I prefer the term strait forward to rude.

Why do you ASSUME I am not listening? I do not have to explain myself to you. I did not ignore anyone if you read correctly. I am here to gain knowledge and advice not argue like some fool. Now good day to you and your opinions.

Edited by RedNinja029

Why do you ASSUME I am not listening?

Even Lofgren indicated you were not interested in what he had to say. This was not an assumption.

I do not have to explain myself to you.

No you don't. But even if you did you can't. Not coherently.

I did not ignore anyone if you read correctly.

Yes you did. :confused: And I did read it very clearly. That is why am asking why you were ignoring someone attempting to help you.

I am here to gain knowledge and advice not argue like some fool.

Really, That is not how you are acting. This is how Lofgren has been attempting to describe your behavior.

He was obviously very excited about what he was working on and wanted to see his own ideas through before he got sidetracked by somebody else's.

Now we find out you have been attempting to see your own ideas through for a 100 hours.

Are you now ready to " get sidetracked by somebody else's"?

I hope so. Good luck to you and don't give up.

Just watching Dark fox's channel for some inspiration... I've never tried... but explosions.. I see that can carry an enchantment? maybe I could create some kind of effect on hit thats really small (radius 1) or something that way it will carry an enchantment with the effect if that possible?

I'm all ears, I wasn't ignoring I did not see his response until later after I had posted mine (did not refresh page before posting). My replies after I had not see his reply and was dealing of other activities at the same time i.e. partner and social life. CK just takes over my mind when I'm on it I need to focus on what I'm doing 100%. i get deep into what I'm doing and I focus and just for not hitting the F5 button I think you could be a little less "hostile" and forgiving as previously mentioned.

http://imgur.com/a/UgB6J <<< That's what I've got so far previously trying things out but yes I'm willing to try something new of course. I'm just bouncing between here and CK and internet trying to see if I can figure it out as well.

Are you now going to share something valuable or passing through to pass criticism?

Not sure where what conditions go where

if i'm even doing it correctly (obviously not currently)

I believe the weapon and script seem okay (not sure about repeat of top line when I opened and saw it???)

not sure on the conditions boxes of magic effects /perks and spells and also the perk entry conditions section.

Seems a bit mind blowing - like where do the conditions actually go in this instance. Also At the bottom of the listed races I haven't put anything there should there be something at end of the race section?

Edited by RedNinja029