Creation Kit crashes when packaging files?

Deleted35988850User

Hello,

I've been having an issue since yesterday which whenever I go to upload files and package them from the creation kit, It freezes and then closes.

It only happens with this mod in particular, And i've tried renaming the mod and Copying it, And that proved to be no success.

So, I am all out of ideas right now. Any help would be appreciated.

It's possible that one of the files you're trying to archive is bugged in some way. Is this for upload to Bethnet or Nexus? If Nexus you can always use Bethesda Archive Extractor for packaging. I think if uploading for Bethnet it will also take archives already packaged, though I'm not 100% sure on what to do to pack files in the XB1 specific archives which I know are made differently than PC archives.

I'd still thoroughly test out your files that you're trying to archive, if one is bugged that may be why. And you really don't want to upload bugged files to console users as they don't have good ability to recover from problems.

Well, It crashes upon just creating the archive. I think it is safe to assume it is an issue regarding a file inside it. Question is, What could it be?

I have some new tree textures/meshes (Those packaged fine in the first version) and ran fine on my Xbox.

The only new additions I've added since was 6 different textureset decals and a new texture+bgsm for the Perfectly Preserved Pie. But I have no idea how those could be the issue.

do you have any ideas on how they could be corrupted?

Edited by Guest

There are so many possibilities and I don't even know all of them. You could try leaving one new/changed file out at a time until you figure out which one causes the crash to start with. Then once you've narrowed it down to a specific file, it becomes much easier to troubleshoot what its problems are.

• 2 years later...