Make Fallout 4 an RPG

nanaimobars

Ideas for a mod to make Fallout 4 more of an RPG, like its predecessors.

-First, bring back the two-part leveling system from Fallout 3 and New Vegas by disabling all the perks related to it, and adding a new percentage-based system.

-Second, get rid of all the boring perks, like Gunslinger, and stop gun damage from increasing with player level, etc.

-Third, disable Enemy Scaling

-Fourth, give the player 40 SPECIAL points.

-Fifth, integrate mod levels into the Skills.

-Sixth, disable upgrading SPECIAL through leveling.

-Finally, give the player a higher

Max HP for leveling up.

--SKILLS

-Barter: Cap Collector, Quest Reward Speech Checks

-Explosives: Demolition Expert

-Guns: Heavy Gunner, Steady Aim, Rifleman, Gunslinger, Commando, Concentrated Fire, Sniper, Quick Hands

-Lockpick: Locksmith

-Medicine: Medic

-Melee Weapons: Big Leagues

-Repair: Gun Nut, Armorer, Blacksmith

-Science: Science!, Hacker, Science Speech Checks

-Sneak: Sneak, Pickpocket, Mister Sandman, Ninja

-Speech: Speech Checks, Inspirational

-Survival: Scrapper, Effects of Food Items,

-Unarmed: Iron Fist

-Scavenging: Fortune Finder, Scrounger

--SPECIAL

-Strength: Carry Weight, Base Melee Weapons Skill, Base Unarmed Skill

-Perception: Base Guns Skill, Base Lockpick Skill, VATS AP

-Endurance: HP, Sprint AP, Base Survival Skill, Damage Resistance

-Charisma: Base Barter Skill, Base Speech Skill

-Intelligence: Base Science Skill, Base Medicine Skill, Base Repair Skill, Base Explosives Skill

-Agility: Base Sneak Skill, Reload Speed

-Luck: Speech Skill Modifier, Sneak Skill Modifier, Lockpick Skill Modifier, Crit Meter Fill Speed, Base Scavenging Ski

--PERKS TO BE REMOVED

-Toughness

-Lifegiver

-VANS

-Quick Hands

-Blitz

--PERKS TO BE TWEAKED

-Rooted (Remove Level 3)

-Penetrator (Remove Level 2)

-Lead Belly (Remove Level 3)

-Chem Resistant (Remove Level 2)

-Adamantium Skeleton (Remove Level 3)

-Local Leader (Make Level 2 a basic ability in-game)

I need help implementing this, and I thought this would be the best place to go.

I think you're overthinking this. I HATE Fallout 4 vanilla and will never play it again (barring a total conversion mod) and putting in RPG elements won't make it an RPG. Only good dialouge and meaningful choices will make it a good RPG, so no amount of mechanical tweeks will make it a better RPG.

The truth is that Perks are now the skill tree. Just remove the level requirements and give the player two perks per level (one to spend on mechanics upgardes and one to spend on actual gameplay changing perks) or make the base damage close to one shot kill so there's no need to upgrade damage. Like it or not, Charisma is the Speech Skill, Intelligence IS the Science skill. And given the actual content of the game, it's balanced. You have to mindlessly grind in order to break the balance. What this game needs mechanically is acover overhaul, including something that highlights what things you can take over on, and an automatic tab that doesn't force you to go into the minigames or look on the pipboy when disabling robots. It's fun the first couple of times, but quickly becomes a drag. I want what I had in Fallout 3 FWE: a tab to try and automaticaly hack or lockpick and disable robtos with tab simply saying decative or not.

I like the idea that the enemies and the player don't level, so the only way to become stronger is to get better armor and weapons. I#d add that Powerarmor spawns should also be untied from the player level. But there are some more things I'd like to add

- Basic quick-reply dialogue system (being able to greet, to see off, to say yes and no, to surrender or to threaten someone via a small menu without having to initate a dialogue)

- Being able to disguise yourself as one of the factions (in a realistic fashion, for example you are not allowed to get too close to the leader, or to disguise yourself in line of sight to a member of that faction)

- Adding more "shades" to the faction system (some factions don't immediately attack you, but threaten you to, some are friendly if you holster your weapon, some demand a tribute to let you pass, etc.)