Proper Child Clothing Mod... Need advice, tutorials and a bit of luck.

Tooneyman

I'm very new to these forums. I ask that you please be patent with me. I've been having an issue with the new Nifskope 2.0.0 Pre Alpha 6.. and combining a child body mesh with that of the vanilla armors.

I'm working on a mod for child armors. It was a request and I've kind of wanted to do this since I've started playing Skyrim Special Edition.

First off a description of the mod I've been working on creating.

Basics:

This mod will give children proper clothing based on their race, class and area of location in Skyrim. If they are in the woods they'll be wearing hunting armors. If their in the big city. They're poor and homeless like Sofia. They'll be wearing beggars clothes. Etc...

Now this mod does have some complexity to it.

It will require some scripting after certain events take place in Skyrim like Helgens destruction after the dragon attack. When you start the game. Haming should be wearing normal small town clothes, but later he ends up in hunting gear as he goes to live with his grandfather after the dragon attack.

Problems-

But first thing is first. I want to make sure I can get the clothes to look nice on the characters first without a neck seam or looking like the vanilla body of the male or female NPC's. Now I've done a simple procedure of just changing the race, but it didn't work out to well. During the change all the children can wear the armors, but you can see a neck seam or you see the vanilla male/female bodies structure and it looks terrible.

Here is my goal. I want to take the vanilla child's body. Take the vanilla armors and adapt them structurally to the child's body/skeleton so they look nice and I don't get the crappy neck seam. After that I want to create a patch for RS Children's body's and skeleton, because I just love that mod. I've gotten permission to use some of the assets in the mod from Ranaline and I'll be using them to help structure the clothing for the kids.

My problem is I don't know where to start. I know you can combine armors and meshes in NifSkope and I want to do that, but the tutorial I found is outdated due to the new pre-alpha being updated and not the same setup as the old one.

My guess is I might have to port the armors and the child bodies to Blender and do all the adjustments there. If anyone can help me with this when it comes to advice/tutorials or and how the process of using the new Nifskope. I would very much appreciate it. I don't know if this mod will generate any interests, but I really want to do it, because the kids in my game are driving me nuts with their basic clothing. I want them to look more realistic in nature. Any help is appreciated. Please be warned I want to do this all myself, because these are skills I want to learn. If anyone is willing to help guide me I'd definitely give credit to you for the resources and I think the modding community would call you a hero.

Thank you to this modding community for all the hours of fun and I hope I'm able to help add some to yours. =D