CBBE Bodyslides Not Working (More Detail in Thread)

TheAngelOfRoses

Alright, so this has been racking my brain for over a Day now.

I've gone and done a COMPLETELY new mod setup for skyrim and wanted to start fresh from my old one. Also to use the modded race of Succubus (Ive mostly just done imperial runthroughs of the game).

However, After doing some hunting on some old mods I used causing instant crashes or the most absurd thing Ive ever seen (The cart going ROFLCopter on me in the opening sequence).

Ive gotten the game to the point where it seems more or less stable apart from the freak outs my old lighting mods are causing me visually (those can be fixed)

However, Something is driving me insane:

CBBE w/ Bodyslide isn't co-operating again. I've used the Bodyslide program to build the setup and everything. However, its not working. Keep in mind: Im also using the wonderful HDT *ahem* jiggle physics mod for a bit of sway and wiggle of the breasts.

The only thing I can think of is that this is causing the problem of not letting me control my CBBE Body Morphs. I followed setup processes to the wire afaik. So everything SHOULD be installed properly.

However nothing is working, and quite frankly, it makes me rage a tad. Ive tested with other races, the CBBE Body Moprhs DO NOT work with the other races, so its not the Succubus Race causing issues.

And quite frankly, im confused, unsure what to do. And hoping somebody may know.

Yes, however, i missed a suggestion in one of the CBBE FAQ's of modifying a particular text file. Every other remedy that would fix the situation I've tried as far as I know. If this fails, i may just reoverhaul my mods from scratch and triple check at this rate.

Edit: The fix did not work, The part i would need to delete didnt exist in the first place.

Ill comb over everything again. See if I can find the problem.

Edited by TheAngelOfRoses

If you have all the requirements (latest RaceMenu, SKSE and the RM Morphs plugin active) and the body meshes generated by BodySlide with the Build Morphs box checked are in the correct place (CBBE Troubleshooting section lists the location for vanilla races - BodySlide should tell you the location anyway when you generate meshes - and you need to manually install them for custom races) then there isn't really any reason for it to not work.

Did some reinstalling and other checks. Whatever I did, it worked this time. The succubus race, however, Is still not impacted. However, given that its a custom race that's to be expected. Something in my initial setup must have gotten skipped over in my installations. Ill chalk this one up to FM (Friggin Magic).

Though, ill have to figure out how to generate bodies for custom races. Thanks for your replys though!

To generate a body for a custom race, you'll have to ctrl-click build when you finish creating the body that you want. Make sure that RaceMenu Morphs box is checked before you ctrl-click build else your ingame sliders won't work, you can find that box to the left of build and to the right of batch build.

This will build your body files to the directory that you have bodyslide in, (eg. Caliente Tools/Bodyslide) You will see three files in there that should be time stamped from when you created them, Femalebody.tri, femalebody_0.nif, and femalebody_1.nif.

You need to drag the two .nif files to the directory they belong for your custom race (eg. for Ninheim race meshes\actors\character\Ningheim\female\body)

The .tri file has to go in the vanilla race folder. (eg. meshes\actors\character\character assets)

I'm guessing this has to be that way because the mod for the sliders points to that folder only and not from whatever body mesh folder your character is using. Could be wrong, but the result is that the sliders work in game for a custom race so who knows?