Missing face sliders for custom races - Racemenu

Drayux

Hey guys, I've been searching and trying things to figure this out for hours with no avail, so maybe some of you could point me in the right direction. As the title says, my mod setup includes racemenu, cbbe, xpmse, and a custom race (specifically Half Dragon Race http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72416), as well as less relevant other mods, and I've got almost everything working great. For all the vanilla races, I can edit just about anything, in racemenu, no problems. However, when I swap to the custom race, most of the facial sliders are hidden (ie: I can't adjust the eye size, height, nose width (or any of that other stuff), I can't adjust the lips.) And they're not just not working, racemenu is hiding them somehow. In addition, I imagine something must be overriding the head mesh (or is it a skeleton?) as loading a preset reverts the face into the only values I can modify.

I am somewhat familiar with Tes5Edit, as that's what I used to patch this race for Requiem, but otherwise, I am stuck. I checked all the files of the mod, and even replaced the skeletons with the xpmse ones still with no luck. I don't see any files that would seem to modify the head, so I am left really confused. Anyone know what's happening and what I need to do? Thanks!

If anyone needs further clarification, just ask!

Right after posting this, I thought to check, the sliders are limited to exactly the same as for beast races (argonian, khajit). However, I even tried removing that flag without any luck. The race was based off a nord model, and aliased from the nord defaults, so it's left me really stuck.

Edited by Drayux

Hey guys! I figured it out! The incompatibility is that the mod uses a different set of .tri files. For some reason, I could never find them in the filesystem, but regardless, I just overwrote the reference location in the mod with Tes5Edit to the location of the .tri files for my custom heads. (Citrus) And it worked!

Hopefully this helps any of you guys with the same issue!

Note: I overwrite the files located under Head Part

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! I figured it out! The incompatibility is that the mod uses a different set of .tri files. For some reason, I could never find them in the filesystem, but regardless, I just overwrote the reference location in the mod with Tes5Edit to the location of the .tri files for my custom heads. (Citrus) And it worked!

can anyone tell me how to do that, i tried but have no idea what i'm doing :P

Edited by ave666satan

• 1 year later...

can anyone tell me how to do that, i tried but have no idea what i'm doing :tongue:

For anybody else to do this, it worked for me.

1. Start Tes5Edit

2. Load Citrus Mod

3. Go to Head Part

4. Select Citrus head to redirect (ex. CitrusFemaleHeadNord)

5. Change paths of the 3 .TRI files to point to where your own head .TRI files are (ex Vanilla Nord: actors\Character\Character Assets\citrushead\femaleheadraces.tri to actors\Character\Character Assets\femaleheadraces.tri)

6. Close TES5edit and save

That's it, all face sliders, etc. should work in Racemenu v3...