SRolls

That's very nice of you! I won't be able to reach my computer before the week-end. So, very appreciated.

Happy to

I'd be more than happy to return the favor, so if you need help with stuff I'm comfortable with, please, contact me (my mailbox is spacious :wink:)

I may take you up on that when I get back into serious modding (just dabbling at teh moment), although I don't see that happening anytime soon :sad:

FOSE does have provisions for setting the weapon type animations, which means changing from a one handed to two handed weapon (and vice versa) whilst in combat (on the fly) will work in FO3. I like the ability to switch from one to two handed use with the katana as it pays homage to single handed techniques that most arts/schools had (to some extant).

It does bring up a question though, that I'd like input on. Another interesting attribute of this mod is the appearance of the odachi being sheathed even when another weapon is equipped. However I didn't make provisions for that when the odachi is used one handed (I believe most one handed melee weapons in FO3 are sheathed at the hip).

Should the odachi always be sheathed on the back regardless of whether it's in one handed or two handed mode? Or would it preferable to have it sheathed on the hip when in one handed mode?

I may take you up on that when I get back into serious modding (just dabbling at teh moment), although I don't see that happening anytime soon :sad:

FOSE does have provisions for setting the weapon type animations, which means changing from a one handed to two handed weapon (and vice versa) whilst in combat (on the fly) will work in FO3. I like the ability to switch from one to two handed use with the katana as it pays homage to single handed techniques that most arts/schools had (to some extant).

It does bring up a question though, that I'd like input on. Another interesting attribute of this mod is the appearance of the odachi being sheathed even when another weapon is equipped. However I didn't make provisions for that when the odachi is used one handed (I believe most one handed melee weapons in FO3 are sheathed at the hip).

Should the odachi always be sheathed on the back regardless of whether it's in one handed or two handed mode? Or would it preferable to have it sheathed on the hip when in one handed mode?

Whenever you feel like. :)

I think the ability of having the Odachi sheathed differently according the way it is handed is great! That would be my preference.

I think the ability of having the Odachi sheathed differently according the way it is handed is great! That would be my preference.

Sounds good, that's what we will go with.

Looking through the Odachi files reminded me I have some other related junk. This is the "raider version", pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/SwordB_zpshbrilwzr.jpg

and I think I made a short naginata somewhre. There may be some other similarily themed weapons hiding on the hard drive.