[LE] TESVEdit why are there so much overwritten entries in my esp?

Tasheni

Hi community,

today I was cleaning my mod with automatic cleaning, there I noticed, that 3 navmeshes were deleted. I could resolve the problem, but now I have more questions than answers: The green entries in tesvedit for my esp show that it overwrites data from skyrim.esm and update.esm. A lot of data. Things, I never touched. I always make copies of used idlemarkers or weapons or anything, so not using skyrim originals. Curious are the overwritten worldspaces, where I never edited anything. Why is that? And can I remove these entries from my esp or will it get damage? I can't see behind this :(

Can someone explain me? I read several tutorials, but can't understand the essentials behind.

Thank you and greetings, Tasheni

The Creation Kit has a bad habit of marking records as edited if you even look at them. That's the real reason we need to clean mods. Cleaning isn't really about fixing things you did wrong, it's about fixing things the CK did that you didn't expect. Get rid of the ITMs and UDRs, then fix those navmeshes. Since it's your mod you can also look for wild edits (where you might have accidentally moved something while looking at some other cell as a reference) and delete those.

Thanks, cdcooley for your quick reply. So these items I see under my esp, that are green and are not used by me are these wild edits and can be removed safe?

All other stuff was cleaned and the deleted navmeshes are fixed.

I have another question: I placed a campfire and cooking pot in an exterior cell. How can I cut the navmesh under these statics without deleting it? Moving it aside doesn't work, because it's linked together with the neighbouring verts, that are moving also, then. It looks weird, if my sheeps are walking over a tent or campfire.

Greetings, Tasheni

If you know it's not something you meant to change you can safely delete it. (Although always keep multiple backups in case you find out you were wrong later.)

Instead of editing the navmesh, you can add a navcut collision box covering the area where you don't want the NPCs to walk. You can find them in various places including Breezehome.

If you know it's not something you meant to change you can safely delete it. (Although always keep multiple backups in case you find out you were wrong later.)

Instead of editing the navmesh, you can add a navcut collision box covering the area where you don't want the NPCs to walk. You can find them in various places including Breezehome.

Alright. I will do it and look, what happens. I assure you, I have tons of backups - before every changing I make a new one.

I have tried a collision box yesterday and it works fine with a campfire, but how will I do this with a tent and bedroll? My shepherd can't get to sleep :) If I place them around the tent and let the entrance open, my sheeps get in and not out anymore - looks funny, really. Thank you, cdcooley, for your advice - I feel honoured. Hope to release my companion mod in a few month - I've put more than 4000 hours of work in it, following the examples of the great companions Vilja, Inigo, Anduniel & Co. Alright, without optimal scripting - I'm not skilled enough for this, but so far all works fine. Finally.

Greetings from Tasheni

The primitive shapes can be set so they don't have collision for the player but still act as a navcut object for NPCs. I haven't used one in a long time so I don't remember the details, but if you get one of the primitive shapes have a whole set of properties you can set.

I've read that you can "bury" the vanilla ext navs way below the landscape then use your own nav on top of what has been lowered down way below the ground level. Never done this but I was going to try it in my current mod. Any insights on this would be helpful too.

Also, I have 9 ext navs missing BUT, I have not even opened up the nav tool on the exterior, meaning I have done no edits in my ext mod. Is this something that I'm suppose to be concerned with? How do you go about finding where these missing navs are?

Thanks, Teshini. I read through it and bookmarked. But my problem with the mod I'm working on is that I didn't delete any navs. I haven't even opened up the tool yet exterior but I'm getting a few navs missing. Don't get that one.