Give ammo weight in Vanilla

AncientHydra

Okay I've look through all the ammo mods and I didn't find any that did what I want. If I missed one please let me know. I think all the ammo weight mods apply only to Survival mode.

I want a mod that gives all ammo, stimpacks, and RadAway some kind of weight in NON-survival games. Even if it's simply the weight they have in survival mode.

I like a lot of what survival does. It was great for about 2 full play throughs (and about 3 failed characters because the builds were just BAD for survival) but it takes too damn long to play on every character. I just don't have the time IRL to walk everywhere in game and I don't want to have to side with BoS every time I play just for the sake of quicker travel (plus that recently started to bug become bugged where the Vertibird takes off and lands immediately without me giving any kind of command to land). I'd hoped siding with the Institute would let me get around that with the teleportation but it only lets you IN from anywhere you still have to walk from CIT when you leave.

Anyway rant done. If I missed a mod let me know. If someone would be willing to make one I'd be forever grateful. If I knew ANYTHING about modding I'd try to do it (with the absolute lack of knowledge I can only hope it's a simple stat change mod).

Anyway Thanks.

Whatever the modder feels is a smart amount. Like I said above even if all the weights are the same as in survival mode I would find it a bit more immersive and adequately challenging without being obstructionist like full on survival mode is.

If the modder wants to kick up the weight of any of the ammo that don't already weigh at least 1 full pound (because those would already be pretty hampering ie fusion cores at 4 and mini nukes at 12) since the vanilla carry weight is greater that would be fine with me.

As I am not a modder I wouldn't know what would be a good fit until I played with the mod a bit.

I'm going to modify that with a "Within reason". If you make every 10mm round 0.1 lb I'm gonna say "no".

What I meant was use your discretion like since vanilla has a higher carrying capacity then the ammo under 1 lb is 15% heavier (a 10mm would go from 0.025 in survival to 0.02875 in this mod for vanilla, for example).

lol, i was thinking .01 would be the base starting point. :D

dont worry i wont make ammo weigh a ridiculous amount. i was thinking of following FONVs weight system for the mod as that's something i want for my game as it is.

• 8 months later...

There should be a 'switch' the game uses to tell if it's in survival mode or not that allows ammo to have weight. This exists for almost all of the survival concepts and have the "HC_" prefix. The simplest way to make a mod like this would be to find that switch.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be in any of the obvious places and isn't mentioned in the HC_Rules formlist.