Need help! Helmet, and power armor voice change mod

bazinga313

Ok so I finally decide to break down and attempt my first mod. And I thought, geez, lets try changing the voices of the characters using power armor and wearing helmets to sound like Batman from BvS. Sounds great right? well I thought that would be simple enough. Turns out the power armor voice change is not an actual sound file. So What I need help in understanding is how does the Power Armor receive its voice change effect and how would I make a mod that changes the voice only when wearing a helmet specifically a closed faced helmet. I have been scouring the voice files for days and cant seem to find any specific files. Maybe I could just make the mod change the characters voice all together with no helmet? Any help, tips, suggestions, criticism, or words of encouragement would be appreciated lol. Thanks.

1. - I've been in the same situation as you. For my first mod I wanted to make the Power Armor voice available for gas masks and closed types of helmets, but I never figured it out and I tried for days.

2. - There's already a mod that allows you to have a power armor voice without wearing a PA helmet. However, it's tied to the RACE and the author attached the PA voice to the PLAYER race. Meaning you'll have it 24/7.

3. - I asked both here and the Nexus for help and the general consensus is that it is hardcoded into the game.

You are not the first one to get that idea and you certainly won't be the last, but I'm sure that more experienced users have tried and failed. I'm pretty sure if it could have been done, it would've been done ages ago.

1. - I've been in the same situation as you. For my first mod I wanted to make the Power Armor voice available for gas masks and closed types of helmets, but I never figured it out and I tried for days.

2. - There's already a mod that allows you to have a power armor voice without wearing a PA helmet. However, it's tied to the RACE and the author attached the PA voice to the PLAYER race. Meaning you'll have it 24/7.

3. - I asked both here and the Nexus for help and the general consensus is that it is hardcoded into the game.

You are not the first one to get that idea and you certainly won't be the last, but I'm sure that more experienced users have tried and failed. I'm pretty sure if it could have been done, it would've been done ages ago.

​Thanks for the info. There is one mod called Power Armor Voices where he has changed the power armor voices with some sound effects, like echo and muffled. I'm trying to get a hold of him to see how he did it. If not I may just make a mod where it changes the characters voice completely.

• 1 year later...
Found out why, I'm pretty sure. Went digging through the files. Checked under race. Ever wonder why your character disappears inside power armor? The power armor is it's own race. So from the looks of it your change race to power armor race, which has its own male female voice files (found those too) this is evidenced as well when I equipped PA pieces to a companion while they were wearing it. A glitch occurred and they were then naked but skeleton was severely messed and they were all stretched limbs n weird. Anyway, you'd have to add a new race it seems that you become whenever you put on said helmet. So kinda like the helmet is it's own mini power armor suit. Then the voice change would apply to helmets. Might try n figure it out one day.