Best Performance Settings for Skyrim

GeminiContractor

I've been playing Skyrim on my laptop on Low settings with Skyboost, but the animations are still a bit jerky.

Is there anything I can do to get the game to run smoother?

This is my laptop hardware:

System: 64-bit

Graphics Card: Intel Integrated HD Graphics

Processor: Intel i5 240 Ghz

RAM: 4GB

I'd also like to note that I'm using multiple HQ armor and weapon mods, if possible I'd like to keep those.

Sorry if this isn't where to post this, if this isn't the right place please tell me where I should post this.

Thanks for reading, and I hope someone can help. :happy:

Isn't your graphics card a bit too weak for the job? What laptop do you have? A lot of new laptops have dual graphics chips now, so you switch to Intel Integrated HD for power saving, and switch to a more powerful one (mine switches to an ATI 5670HD) for gaming and high performance.

@Ferodaktyl, Well it seems the tips in that forum actually made it slower and look worse...

Isn't your graphics card a bit too weak for the job?

It would seem.

When I went to system requirements lab, it said my graphics card didn't pass minimum requirements, but everything else was the recommended hardware.

What laptop do you have?

Asus

A lot of new laptops have dual graphics chips now, so you switch to Intel Integrated HD for power saving, and switch to a more powerful one (mine switches to an ATI 5670HD) for gaming and high performance.

I believe I only have 1 card...

If I end up having to, is it possible to replace my graphics card?

If so, do you know what would be a good card to run Skyrim near the highest settings?

Asus what? Some ASUS are better than my laptop (It can run high but I run it on low settings for better framerates)

The specs of your laptop actually seem a bit off since its got a nice CPU and RAM size but rather skimped on the GPU. Did you manually install the OS or something? Because if you did, you may have not installed the necessary software for GPU switching. Try right-clicking on your desktop and see if the popup has something like "configure switchable graphics".

Also for the most part, laptop GPU aren't replaceable, you're stuck with what you buy until you get a new laptop.