Toolset won't work. H E L P!

Habren82

Hi guys,

I have trouble with the toolset installation and I am out of options how to fix it.

I've installed the toolset as shown on this video: https://youtu.be/d6b-7OAwHpc, but unfortunately as soon as I try to open the toolset I receive the following error message: "The identified module can not be found in the database. Do you wish to open the default module instead?". If I click no it changes to the following error message: "The module ID to be opened is not valid in the selected database. Run the toolset configuration program and verify your settings...".

This is what I've done so far:

Toolset:

I installed the toolset without SQL 2005 and without restoring the default database.

SQL 2005 Express:

I installed the SQL 2005. There was an error message, something like it is not compatible with Windows 10, but I found a fix and was able to install it properly. I named the instance BWDATOOLSET. I created a server (SQL Server name: BWDATOOLSET).

Microsoft SQL Server Management:

I installed Microsoft SQL Server Management.

Databases: I created the database bw_dragonage_content, restored the database (Backup Location: C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\tools\dbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak, bw_dragonage_content.mdf and bw_dragonage_content.ldf).

Security/Logins: Added myself and gave me the Server Roles: dbcreator and all others (just in case).

SQL Server Surface Area Configuration:

Under Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections I checked that both the BWDATOOLSET and SQL Server Browser are running. I changed the SQL Server from Disabled to Automatic and started it manually.

CFF Explorer:

I ticked the options File is executable/Relocation info stripped from file/App can handle >2gb address space/32 bit word machine.

Administrative Tools:

I checked the name of the server and the name is SQL Server (BWDATOOLSET).

ConfigureToolset.exe:

Win32 Game: C:\Program Files\Dargon Age, unticked Use the default database, 1. .\BWDATOOLSET, 2. Use Windows NT Integrated security, 3. bw_dragonage_content. Database: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=bw_dragonage_content;Data Source=.\BWDATOOLSET.

Test Connetion: Test connection suceeded.

Regedit.exe:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age\Toolset\Common\MSSQL_IO\DatabaseName\bw_dragonage_content

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age\Toolset\Common\MSSQL_IOServerName\.\BWDATOOLSET

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age\Toolset\Environment\DefaultDatabaseConnection\Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=bw_dragonage_content;Data Source=.\BWDATOOLSET

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age Origins\DisplayName\Dragon Age: Origins

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age Origins\GameExplorer\{B8488F22-16A7-401C-8D3E-7305C361D72A}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age Origins\GDFBinary\C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\GDFBinary_en_US.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare\Dragon Age Origins\Product GUID\{AEC81925-9C76-4707-84A9-40696C613ED3}

Is there anything you can think of that I've done incorrectly or anything else I can try? I would really appreciate your feedback and help as this is is driving me insane and I feel like I have to push my head through a wall. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

not certain which flavor of windows you are using, but i had to uninstall and upgrade my msql to 2014 a few days ago on win10 and friend of mine gave me this link to follow for getting it installed. it was the easiest install i've ever had with the toolset.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/177587-toolset-help-required/?p=1616852

Unfortunately that didn't work. I had one error message after another. Is it still possible to run the toolset on SQL 2005 or does it definitely have to be updated? On which SQL Server are you guys running your toolset?

I was using 2005 and had no problems installing it on win 10 either. Windows complained a lot during the installation, but I ignored it and when it was done installing it fired right up. The reason I had to change to 2014 is because I'm working with someone who uses it and we both kinda need to be in sync with each other. I had tried to install 2014 once before and had nothing but errors, but I didn't use that links approach. Following that link exactly worked fine for me. What errors were you getting?

Well, it is not a connection issue as your test was successful. The problem seems to be more related to the content of the database. To narrow it a bit down some questions:

Was it the backup of the original database or a backup of yours which you have restored?

Could you have missed somehow to tick the option 'override existing database' when you restored the database? Guided by the video you have created first an empty database...Did you check the table structure after the restoration?

Just to exclude the trivialities... :wink:

"The identified module can not be found in the database. Do you wish to open the default module instead?". If I click no it changes to the following error message: [...]"

What happens when you click 'Yes'?

Edited by YaraC

Hi guys and thank you for your quick responses. I was trying to restore the original database and I'm 100% sure I ticked the option "override existing database". I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the fact that SQL 2005 isn't compatible with Windows 10? I found a fix for the error message, but maybe the whole SQL files were corrupted? After I tried to reinstall everything again my laptop died on me as the files must have broken something and I had to put it back to factory settings afterwards. I couldn't even load a backup...that was so much fun!!! N O T!!! :verymad: :tongue: :wallbash:

Well at least now my laptop is "Like a virgin...touched for the very first time...la la la" :whistling: :dance:

So since I have to start from scratch again, would you recommend SQL 2005 or even SQL 2016, since it is compatible with windows 10?

I also never happened to click yes. I was concerned that it would override something and than the toolset wouldn't work.

Do you guys know if I have to register the game on Bioware to get full access to the toolset?

My registration key isn't working on Bioware and I think they shot it down anyway?

I don't think there is a version 2016. The 2016 is maintenance thingie and the newest SQL server is 2014. Personally I'd go for the newest. When the toolset ask you if you want to install a backup during installation make sure the only thing you have it install is the toolset. Then after that's installed fire up the studio thingie and follow those exact steps in the link I gave you earlier.