World Loading glitches, or: how to purge an ENB? Also face troubles.

BattyRae

So after trying to download Dynamo ENB i found that it was causing my game to crash nearly instantly. idk if my computer is lousy or if i did something wrong (both probably tbh) but once i found the source of the problem i deleted all the files attached to the ENB.

The good news is, my game runs! The bad news? a weird graphics glitch is happening, where world objects are loading in the wrong order. i look through a hill and see a campfire, water always shows up when it's close enough to load, obstacles and line of sight be dammed. That sort of thing. The advice I've seen on similar problems has been to purge the ENB, but I did that so I could play the game. Is there something I might have missed? I'm pretty new to modding.

Also, I have NO idea what caused it, but several NPCs faces are stretched out. I can confirm that Manny Vargas looked like a normal human being when i first met him, but now he's just dying for a "why the long face?" joke. I deactivated the only mod i had that I thought could have been doing it (Face Randomizer) but he and the Doctor in Novac are still looking messed up. Is there any way to reset these changes?

Sorry for there not being any pictures right now, but it is very late where I am and I will need a bit of time to take them and track them down. Any specific helpful details will be added in on request, because, like I said, I'm new to modding and am not sure what might be important. Sorry for any trouble this causes you!

Sounds like you failed to remove the ENB provided "d3d9.dll" file. See the "Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems" section of the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide on where that should have been placed, and how you should have set up ENB. In addition you need to revert the various setting tweaks ENB required to your game INI files. Be sure to also revert or rename both the INI files in the "C:\Users\<YourAccountName>\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV" folder, and let the game rebuild them.

But first I recommend you read the "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. From the sound of things you went straight to trying to install all the "pretty" mods before you got a "stable" game. If your game was stable, installing ENB shouldn't have caused a CTD.

Your problem with NPC faces is likely the result of a mod conflict, and may be embedded in your save game file. As pointed out in the "General Advice" article, simply "deactivating" a mod is not enough to fix a lot of problems, especially when a mod overwrote vanilla files. In that case, your quickest solution is the "verify files" and reinstall option, only this time do one at a time and TEST each mod.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

that pretty much sounds exactly like me tbh. I have NO idea about stability and such. thanks for the advice, my game is working okay again. I guess i have a lot of reading to do huh? I'm sure I can figure out most basic problems with what you've sent to me. Thanks!

Edited by BattyRae