Force NPC to exit and enter power armor via console

0xb160d1c5

It's very easy through the console, no more needs to steal the fusion core.

Force NPC to exit power armor:

Open console, pick NPC's RefID, then type CallFunction "Actor.SwitchToPowerArmor" None , thus the NPC will exit power armor(If you use this to Ingram, you will suprisingly find actually she has legs).

Force NPC to enter power armor:

Open console, first pick power armor frame's RefID, remember it, then pick NPC's RefID, type CallFunction "Actor.SwitchToPowerArmor" <powerarmorframeid> , thus the NPC will instantly wear the power armor without animation.

If you recieved a message that says "No script named Actor is attached to the object", you need to manually attach Actor script to the NPC via AttachPapyrusScript Actor , then use the previous two commands.

Reference:http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=SwitchToPowerArmor_-_Actor

• 1 year later...

Just used this trick to retrieve my two "missing" power armours that disappeared during fast travel, very convenient. I loaded a previous save to get their ID ref's, used moveto and found out they were still in the settlement just invisible. So I forced Nick to enter the first, it appeared with him in it and he promptly exited on his own and I did the same with the last one as well. Life saver, thank you for this info. :-)

• 5 weeks later...

It's very easy through the console, no more needs to steal the fusion core.

Force NPC to enter power armor:

Open console, first pick power armor frame's RefID, remember it, then pick NPC's RefID, type CallFunction "Actor.SwitchToPowerArmor" <powerarmorframeid> , thus the NPC will instantly wear the power armor without animation.

If I do this with a settler, he will exit the armor in a few minutes. Until this time, he will walk in it as if nothing had happened. Maybe he wants to sit on a chair, but in PA it can not be done?

Edited by orangedeal

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know how to do this so I just banished my NPC to Red Rocket to starve or hopefully be shot. When I tried to steal the fusion core the entire settlement opened fire on me, and I had armed them all with Recon Overcharged Laser Sniper Rifles. I had to run.

• 1 year later...

Don't want to necro this threat, but that's the top result that shows up regarding this issue and I want to add my solution to it as the command mentioned previously wasn't working for me;

I moved to a settlement and ordered my follower to exit the armour which she didn't do of course, then proceeded to pick her character up with Place Everywhere - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424 and just drop her so that she pounds on the ground. She promptly exited the suit after that.

I'm not sure if you can pick the follower (with or without the armour) up when not having the mod installed, so this may not work for you if you haven't installed a mod which allows you to do this.