names items armor weapons misc ui user interface

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GaryThaGoat

GaryThaGoat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
One thing I absolutely think is ridiculous is not being able to rename equipment without enchanting them.

cdcooley

cdcooley

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,665 posts

I agree. When SKSE64 is finished mods that allow renaming things like Storage Helpers and Jaxonz Renamer can be ported to special edition. Until then we just have to live with it.

redneck1st

redneck1st

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,111 posts

I agree. When SKSE64 is finished mods that allow renaming things like Storage Helpers and Jaxonz Renamer can be ported to special edition. Until then we just have to live with it.

Sad but true fact that. Look out when Skse64 is released we'll see Jaxonz Renamer and many others ported over.

BlazeStryker

BlazeStryker

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

One thing I absolutely think is ridiculous is not being able to rename equipment without enchanting them.

We all agree.

Jaxonz, the maker of the superb Jaxonz Renamer for oldrim, is working on bringing this essential piece across, but it's not downloadable yet. Give the man some love.

thumbincubation

thumbincubation

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

I'll have to investigate this further, but I just installed and was fidding with Jaxonz positioner for SE, last night.  I picked up a pile of firewood, hit the wrong button, and got a rename screen.  Not sure if that's a normal part of positioner, because I hadn't used it for Oldrim, or if the modder who ported it over included the renamer with it.  I'll test tonight and let you know.

twowolves80

twowolves80

Daedric Henchman

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Where did you pick up a copy of Jaxonz Positioner for SE? I thought it hadn't been ported yet? Where may I obtain said mod?

yian

yian

Skyrim Mod User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

It has been ported for a while now. But not all functions are carried over. Here is the link: https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13090/?

twowolves80

twowolves80

Daedric Henchman

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Thanks. Search engines kept routing me to the oldrim version.

thumbincubation

thumbincubation

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Ok, so I'm running into a problem.  Every time I begin to pick something up, I am prompted to rename it, but that's where it ends for me. It vanishes, presumably into inventory, and then I have no control or way to enter the menu.  Unfortunately, I still can't say where it would normally allow you to drop your equipment and rename it upon pickup.  Once I can get it sorted out, I'll keep testing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: names, items, armor, weapons, misc, ui, user interface

Page loaded in: 1.031 seconds