ezg1969

First and foremost I want to thank anyone that responds. It is very much appreciated.

To make sure I have it right, the left side sliders (low weight) are for the slender, smaller females like Ysolda and the sliders on the right (high weight) are for the bigger body types, more veluptious types like Lydia. Is this correct?

Once I finish adjusting the sliders and getting everything the way I want, I make sure the race menu morph option is clicked, click build and then choose save preset and give it a name and save it. When the select groups option pops up I can choose 1 option, all options or any options number in between. Is this correct? And the changes will only affect the options I choose? For example, if I only check the CBBE box the changes will only apply to CBBE based bodies, and will not affect UNP?

My next question is about custom follower/companion mods with custom bodies. I generally use CBBE but I have a few UNP. If I choose a UNP option and get it the way I want, then click build and save, when the select groups option pops up, if I choose only UNP will it effect only UNP bodies or will it still change the CBBE presets for everyone? For example Lydia is CBBE option, but I have a follower mod that is UNP. If I just select the UNP option in the group box, will it still effect all or just the UNP bodies?

Is there a way to edit a single npc body? For example if I want to just edit Lydia but not the rest of the NPC's.

I will use Ysolda as an example. If I want to modify her outfit using outfit studio how would I do that?

if I want to edit an outfit mod I downloaded, how would I do that using Outfit Studio?

I am a total idiot when it comes to modding, yes I have tried and as a result I have much more respect for modders...lol If someone knows a simple, precise step by step tutorial starting with the basics please let me know. I haven't found one yet. Or if someone can simply list step by step in an answer below I would appreciate it very much.

To anyone that responds, thank you.

Edited by ezg1969

To make sure I have it right, the left side sliders (low weight) are for the slender, smaller females like Ysolda and the sliders on the right (high weight) are for the bigger body types, more veluptious types like Lydia. Is this correct?

The low-weight sliders are for ALL adult female NPCs at the 0 on the weight scale bar. Likewise, high-weight is for everyone at 100 on the weight scale. The preview window shows what you get at what weight is selected by sliding the bar. You can set 0 to be obese and 100 to be anorexic if you want; it's up to you. The walkthrough does go through this.

When the select groups option pops up I can choose 1 option, all options or any options number in between. Is this correct? And the changes will only affect the options I choose?

If you save a preset to a group, only the bodies/outfits in that group will have the preset selectable. There are no UUNP options if you install CBBE BodySlide, just as there are no CBBE options if you install UUNP.

My next question is about custom follower/companion mods with custom bodies. I generally use CBBE but I have a few UNP. If I choose a UNP option and get it the way I want, then click build and save, when the select groups option pops up, if I choose only UNP will it effect only UNP bodies or will it still change the CBBE presets for everyone? For example Lydia is CBBE option, but I have a follower mod that is UNP. If I just select the UNP option in the group box, will it still effect all or just the UNP bodies?

If a follower has a 'custom' body, then that means it has been made standalone. BodySlide affects meshes in the default directory i.e. replaces vanilla meshes. It will not affect standalone followers - they require manual installation to replace the body type.

Is there a way to edit a single npc body? somethingsomethingLydia etc.

Make the NPC its own unique race with its own unique meshes/textures folder...or install one of the eleventybillion Lydia mods, one of which you apparently already have.

I will use Ysolda as an example. If I want to modify her outfit using outfit studio how would I do that?

You don't need to. All vanilla outfits have already been converted to BodySlide/UUNP. Just install one of said mods, select the outfit and preset, and build. Just note that all female adults wearing that outfit, including the player, will also have that shape.

if I want to edit an outfit mod I downloaded, how would I do that using Outfit Studio?

There are tutorials on the BodySlide and Outfit Studio wiki.

• 1 month later...

Jeir I don't know if you will see this or not but I do appreciate your response. Where can I find the walkthrough? I have looked for guides and tutorials and while I have found stuff (videos on youtube), I haven't found anything that starts from step 1 and goes through the process for people that have never done it before. I will keep looking. Thank you.

Jeir I don't know if you will see this or not but I do appreciate your response. Where can I find the walkthrough? I have looked for guides and tutorials and while I have found stuff (videos on youtube), I haven't found anything that starts from step 1 and goes through the process for people that have never done it before. I will keep looking. Thank you.

Everything you need is either on or linked from the BodySlide mod page.

The walkthrough I talked about is in my sticky in the comments of the BodySlide mod page, under the 'Full Instructions For Using BodySlide' heading.