Randomised file server list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,116 posts
We have ordered the list of file servers you see when downloading based on the number of users currently using the server. It is a little social experiment of ours to see if people were just clicking the first link to download from because it was the first link, or because they actually live closest to Washington D.C. ;)

Lisnpuppy

Lisnpuppy

Acta non verba

• Premium Member
  • 13,237 posts
Well it would seem so with me...as DC would be my closest but its never been the fastest for me. Detroit has actually been faster for me and when it isn't operating well I use Seattle as it has been my fastest otherwise.

I think though you are maybe right about the first on the list...I wonder though is there a difference between the premium servers and the non-premium or do you get to choose on that one?

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,116 posts
Well before this change the Washington server would have about twice as many people on it than the other servers. So Washington would have 800 users, Dallas would have 400 and Seattle would have 400. Right now there's a 10 user difference. So it was definitely to do with it being first on the list.

You might find the Washington server works a lot better for you now.

Korodic

Korodic

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,366 posts
to be honest I click the first link. Mods download so fast i don't care from which server. :)

Tom21

Tom21

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
WILL NONE of them WORK for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page loaded in: 1.018 seconds