Kay, so...

I know for a lot of modders this ship has sailed to the newer Skyrim game, and the old Skyrim is becoming retro to this point, but I have a request. Either a simple addition or a massive undertaking for the diehard fans. Remember, some of us were unable to enjoy Skyrim when it was a new creature and state of the art systems were required. As that typically means that cost was super high on wallets that can't afford it. And typically/pointedly, we won't be enjoying the new Skyrim for another half decade or so as well.

I want to make vampire slaying a fun experience. I know there is a stake um in 30 seconds or they get beck up mod. (fun, I played it) The one I want is like that but the recovery time is slow for the fiends of Oblivion. Say 1-2 days in a crawling shambles in the lairs if you beat um down, but not dead, and not swiftly recovered. Leave silver as a deadly tool in killing them, decapitation and a silver greatsword or arrow through the spine/head should be fatal. But otherwise, you'll need to either carry or go get and bring back a stake to drive into their heart.

I'm thinking craftable under misc items:

Wooden Stake Requires: 1 firewood

Wooden Mallet Requires: 1 Iron Ingot 2 Firewood

With a cool animation in first person mode of the hammer smacking the stake and happy messy blood spewage!

And there is one great mod idea that never transpired that could be optionally applied to this mod for a grander effect.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/958633-the-silver-hand-faction/page-2

I like the combined ideas on this thread that join the Vigilant of Stendarr with the Silver Hand as an alliance, if you make the SH a sub-set of the VoS you have the makings of a pretty decent faction power; that is I'm pretty sure, lore friendly. (check me on that one)

Anyway. I'm not a modder, just a fan and would love a little interest in this or the original SH mod idea. 9k views and a dead link is a crying shame on that one. 4 years is not that long ago and some of us are still heavy into Skyrim.

Love to all!

Peace! :cool:

Edited by Balsarius

Is the Dawnguard faction not good enough? Not trying to be a hater or anything, just curious. Also, I'm not really sure I'd say Skyrim ever needed very good hardware to play. At least not state of the art.

Edited by DaddyDirection

I wouldn't know, I haven't bought any of the DLC's. 1) Don't like buying online. 2) On my crappy wifi it took nearly the month of January to DL just the basic vanilla game and HD free DLC. 3) What I've seen of the vampires in the DLC looks way too 'Underworld' and to me, it's breaking with the original look and feel of vampires in the caves and barrows. Plus, if I had bought the DLC's I'd like just now be able to play um. (my laptop is a 2014) On release, even affordable computers at the time of release were too expensive for some people. Be kind to the less fortunate of us, and understand what is common and cheap to one is luxury and advanced to another.

:laugh:

Edited by Balsarius

I am well aware of the cost surrounding pre-built PC hardware. I too game on a budget. With that said, you really are doing yourself a disservice in my personal opinion by not purchasing the DLC due to the large amount of modded content that requires all of it. Plus, it goes on sale for a pretty low price fairly often. As far as internet speed goes, you have my sympathies. It must really suck to have bad internet in a day and age where there are no games that install off the disc anymore. A bit of an oversight from the game publishers in my opinion. Digital stuff has its benefits, but I do kind of miss the days of being able to own a disc with the game on it.

Amen.

Like I can help that my 7 acres of the 'American Dream' are located so far out in the sticks that the companies who lay DSL cable tell me it's not viable to run the line. Something about not enough houses between mine and the last customer who'd be paying for service. To the which, I of course rebuff: "but run the line, and I'm sure they'd want the service.", but businesses in general are a no risk venture industry in the after Y2k era.

I could pay for unlimited wifi, if I could afford to pay for unlimited wifi, my car insurance, the lovely interest rate the health insurance company is putting on me, my mortgage, and land taxes, not to mention the stuff that I bought other folk this past holiday that I'm still paying for. It all kinda colludes to detract from my love of gaming. lol

I'm not trying to generate undue sympathy, but due sympathy would be and is appreciated. If the DLC's are not my best option based on money and net constraints then a few meg's of mod size for an hour or better download would be a real godsend. And I'd like to see the Silver Hand buffed on top of it all. :happy:

Even if I had the DLC's I likely would still think this mod idea is a must for the community at large, and wish the folk with the skills to do it, would. But yes, I'd like/love to check out the new content on my own time, I bought my brother the full console XBox addition and he's getting tired of seeing me pop in at his house around diner just to check out the Castle Greyskull he's building for He-Man. lol

Edited by Balsarius