making custom chewbacca companion mod, need help with mesh.

BOND777

Hey guys, I'm making a custom chewbacca companion mod, but the problem is that once I import the model into the creation kit and make it a race and put a test NPC version of him in the game, he comes out completely not animated at all, stuck in place with his hands out. I have a feeling this has to do with the rigging, but idk. For the rigging what I did was put it into Bodyslider, and imported Malebody.nif as a reference and copied over the bone weight but the problem was that it wasn't 100% transferred since my Chewbacca mesh is one piece not sepereated by head and body. So I'd really love some help.

These are the steps I took

Made the model with blender>Exported into bodyslider(And you know the rest)>Exported into Nifskope to apply textures>Strait into Creation kit by making an armor with the Bodyaddon of Chewbacca, and assigning it to a newly made race and made an NPC and selected Chewbacca as the race.

Nif is right here. http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g52dc764f853cc6ae999936631b2bfbd776916d2ed

I dont know allot about rigging and stuff, but from my experience the fallout 4 creation kit is really specific. If I were you I would try to seperate the head from the rest of your mesh and try to put them in the creation kit the same way that it handles other models, with a body, hands, and head mesh. Oh yeah, you will probably have to do the same for hands.

Like I said im not experienced in that area, but ive been looking into it recently cause I plan on getting experienced but I suck at modelling armor, clothes, npc's ect so I might not have an actual Model to import anytime soon but thats just my hunch.

Edited by TheWorldbuilder98

I dont know allot about rigging and stuff, but from my experience the fallout 4 creation kit is really specific. If I were you I would try to seperate the head from the rest of your mesh and try to put them in the creation kit the same way that it handles other models, with a body, hands, and head mesh. Oh yeah, you will probably have to do the same for hands.

Like I said im not experienced in that area, but ive been looking into it recently cause I plan on getting experienced but I suck at modelling armor, clothes, npc's ect so I might not have an actual Model to import anytime soon but thats just my hunch.

Thanks for answering dude, I'll try out your idea, but also will wait for more responses hopefuly I'll get some. Thanks alot tho for responding to my topic <3