Young link tunic mod

tomfm2

Hmm, can't get ahold of him, he must be busy.... It seems I may have already gotten his permission in the past after all I can't tell...here's what I wrote.I mentioned using mod assets such as meshes....and he said yes as long as I credited his YouTube channel and page.

See here a screencap....Maybe I'm misreading my own words lol, when I wrote him I had the intentions to make new clothing out of his meshes and make standalone recolors for my projects... I was granted his permission. What do you think?

I made it using from what I can remember is the RCOTS Elf race with KS Hairdo's Craving hair, Might even include SG Eyebrows. I took a screencap with him in the Hero's clothes, boots, and gauntlets from Relics of Hyrule, but he doesn't have on the hat due to it somehow making the hairstyle disappear whenever I have him to wear it. I also hadn't adjusted the eyes yet.

Edited by RedCaptainJackR

I'm back from being gone so long, commented to our friend on reddit so hopefully we'll get good clothes eventually.

Hi there RedCaptainJackR! Hmm, interesting so it's actually a child race...and the clothes they are different than what we were wanting although they do look pretty good, for maybe a more modern child Link.

Looks good, :smile: here's what I believe needs changed. Eyes indeed, yes they need to be bigger and wider, iris needs to be center up, he's far too masculine for a child.. Jawline is too big needs to be more round, bring it up a bit, nose needs to be smaller more button like with a small point from the side, nose width needs to come in, chin needs to come up about half an inch. Cheekbones need to be slightly bigger, and they also need to come outwards and go up some. Mouth maybe a tad bit smaller, width also, if you do change it make sure the mouth width only surpasses the nose width a little bit. Eyebrows, young Link's eyebrows are thick, very thick so he needs Thick eyebrows, you got the brows shaped pretty close. You don't have to follow my advice, I've just been a face sculptor for numerous games for several years and I'm known to give lessons or help. So these are just suggestions that'd I'd do myself, I plan on making a kid Link of my own later, it would save me the trouble for someone else to do this though. ^-^

Here's a good reference.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/uploads/20891/bjtkos5arzi2voiqf0kb__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

And about the hair you are correct, finding one similar to his OOT/MM hairstyle would be nearly impossible. It's a middle parted hairstyle from the 90's, used to be very popular among kids and teens. Saw a similar hairstyle in Apachii Sky hair for men, although it's still not quite close enough. Many hairstyles converted over to Skyrim were originally custom meshes created for Sims games. I've used a mesh before that would work perfect, too bad I've no knowledge of doing this. http://thesimsworld.deviantart.com/art/Link-Hero-of-Time-Edition-Download-Simdrew1993-531338232

Oh well...

Edited by Simdrew1993

To be honest, when I first started working on Young Link for myself, he was nothing more than the Skykids' COTS Race, but since the race lacked Elf ears, I switched over to RCOTS. The way the race looked before my changes definitely made it more like a Skyrim Elf than a Hylian. Eyes were elf-like and a bit further down the head. and his skin was a Yellow-ish color, which I fixed by making his skin more of a human skin color. And believe it or not, the referenced I used for Young Link was based off of memory. As for the clothes, they were just from the Relics of Hyrule mod I already had installed, and console commanded the chest with it into the room where I was at, since I just started the game and only had prisoner clothes. I'll try readjusting the eyes once I get my game to not CTD when continuing the game or starting a new game.

Alright sounds good. Look forward to seeing the changes. :thumbsup: