Disabling mods for DA:I

Midgefidget

I was playing DA:I on this computer and it was working great. I bought all the expansions and now it will not play.

Is there a way to disable expansions so I can try to find which one is incompatable with my system?

I'm running windows 10, if that makes any difference.

I adore the game and would love to keep playing it.

Not 100% sure, but from my last run I remember that there should be a folder called "update" inside die dai install directory which contains all dlc's in seperate folders. So you could rename these folders to deactivate dlc's. Sadly I haven't installed it at the moment, so I'm not completely sure about it.

Anyhow if you're not using mods the dlc's should be completely compatible with the base game. Sometimes mods can change that.

Nope. DAI requires a 64-bit Windows system and there is no 32bit version out there, probably because it exceeds the ram limit of 32bit systems.

Why it says it's incompatible now, but run before I don't know, never heard of that problem.

Edit: Already tried the "repair" function in origin? Sometimes it helps after updates were installed and messed up some files. If nothing helps maybe try backing up safe files (if not using cloud) and reinstalling the game completely.

Edited by L3s7ing

Ok, I might have found what is messed up.

I bought DA:I Digital Deluxe Edition

Then instead of buying the expansions I bought DA:I Game of the Year Edition because it was actually cheaper than buying all the mods.

Could this be what's messing me up?

sorry, all the expansions I meant

Edited by Midgefidget

Nope, that should also work fine. Origin should've just added the dlc's to your existing game (after buying the goty you also would just need to download the dlc's and not the whole game again).