"FOMM can't be downloaded"

Asierra

Hey I'm fresh new on the nexus and the modding community in general and I asked a friend to provide me with a list of essentials for my New Vegas mod setup and so obviously he told me to install the Nexus Mod Manager and then the Fallout Mod Manager but for some reason after I clicked the "INSTALL (NMM)" button on the nexus page for the FOMM, the dowload bar on the NMM goes immediatly to half complete at first, but then goes back gradually to zero, and I get the phrase "can't be added" on the downloading part of the NMM. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to fix that issue ?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Asierra

Suggest you read the wiki article "FNV General Mod Use Advice". It's written for people in your position.

FOMM, like "Mod Organizer" (MO) and NMM and Wrye Flash, is a "mod manager" for installing and managing your installed mods. As such you can't use another mod manager to install it. You must do so manually. The article linked above has links for tutorials on each of them. As you will be spending much of your time working with your chosen mod manager, it will be of great benefit to you to invest some time in choosing one and learning how it works thoroughly.

There are no quick ways to get a stable modded game running. Your system is different than your friends, and lists of suggested mods do not guarantee they will all work together for you. Take your time, install them one at a time, test, and have patience.

-Dubious-