How i repair this texture problem in surfaces like ground?

robtrance

Well, sorry my english. I tried a lot of options.. configuration in ini files.. but nothing works.. i always see the ground and some surfaces like in the pictures:

Red zone = bad

Green zone = Good (like i want to see red zone too)

Thats all... hope somebody can help with this..

Cheers!

It's the base game's files that are all messed up and very low spec. Then there's the way that the visuals are loaded: Bethesda introduced a streaming system (as of v1.4 or 1.5) instead of direct render to lessen the burden on both CPU and GPU, but for some reason it takes very long for the textures to sharpen and a lot of the time they stay soupy...

Happens even with texture mods, although not as often and not as bad as with the game's original files. The latest HD Texture pack hasn't really changed anything because Behesda's idea of HD is taking blurry textures and "upgrading" those from 512 to 2048p which results in bad textures at a higher definition...

It's the base game's files that are all messed up and very low spec. Then there's the way that the visuals are loaded: Bethesda introduced a streaming system (as of v1.4 or 1.5) instead of direct render to lessen the burden on both CPU and GPU, but for some reason it takes very long for the textures to sharpen and a lot of the time they stay soupy...

Happens even with texture mods, although not as often and not as bad as with the game's original files. The latest HD Texture pack hasn't really changed anything because Behesda's idea of HD is taking blurry textures and "upgrading" those from 512 to 2048p which results in bad textures at a higher definition...

To elaborate on this, OP, it is called a mipmap issue. The game upgrades textures or downgrades textures as you approach and depart an area. Often times what happens is it can happen flawlessly, or what usually happens is what's called "pop in" or what you have there in the red, which is very low resolution texture maps that will suddenly "pop" to the max desired texture setting you have selected.

I use the Fallout 4 Config tool by Bilago, and it has an option to change the mipmap feature to manually select if you want medium, high, ultra, or off/mipmap fix enabled. It is very handy. I also have a crapload of mods enabled on my game, including Regrowth Overhaul and Vogue ENB, and when I first start the game, there is usually a decent amount of pop in as everything loads in, then she stabilizes and everything runs buttery smooth.

Anisotropic Filter reduces the jagginess of textures close to you, but doesn't affect how the textures are upgraded when approaching them.

Think of it like this.

100m out, texture placeholder is 512k, 75m out texture upgrades to 1024k, 50m out texture upgrades to 2048k, 10m out texture upgrades to 3072k or whatever the max you have selected is, and holds while you are in that area, dropping textures and such if something is out of your line of sight, like behind buildings ( calling culling) and only degrades textures when you leave the area.

Sometimes this works without a hitch. Most times it doesn't. If you don't use the Config tool, you would have to manually adjust settings in the .ini to try and help assuage the issue.

Edited by jdkzombie