Mass Effect Andromeda mod requests

PaulWxm

Hi,

Wasn't really sure where to post this since there isn't a nexus prepared for the game. If possible I'd like to request a mod for when it is released. Put simply I'd just like the name of the AI changed in game (in game text and prompts and if possible any dialogue altered or clipped) from SAM to, well anything else.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wait until the game at least comes out to see if we are going to getting any modding resources to make changes easier. Bioware has been pretty good about this in the past, but inquisition (one of their newest games didn't have much to help.

Both DA:I and ME:A (and all of EA's AAA tiles going forward) employ the FrostBite game engine, which is notoriously difficult to mod. There is no "Toolset", and DICE (the FrostBite development studio, also owned by EA) has not indicated that there will ever be one. (Although they haven't yet ruled it out.)

Fortunately, there is the DAI Tools Suite (available via the DAITools Suite Loader) developed by a dedicated team of hardcore modders. So I expect to see the same kinds of mods for ME:A as we currently have for DA:I. That basically means some appearance stuff, some crafting stuff, some gameplay tweaks, but not much else.

I'm not complaining. I'm truly grateful for what the Modding Community has been able to do (e.g. I simply cannot play without Quicker Looting) given the extreme limitations under which they're operating with this engine.

Both DA:I and ME:A (and all of EA's AAA tiles going forward) employ the FrostBite game engine, which is notoriously difficult to mod. There is no "Toolset", and DICE (the FrostBite development studio, also owned by EA) has not indicated that there will ever be one. (Although they haven't yet ruled it out.)

Fortunately, there is the DAI Tools Suite (available via the DAITools Suite Loader) developed by a dedicated team of hardcore modders. So I expect to see the same kinds of mods for ME:A as we currently have for DA:I. That basically means some appearance stuff, some crafting stuff, some gameplay tweaks, but not much else.

I'm not complaining. I'm truly grateful for what the Modding Community has been able to do (e.g. I simply cannot play without Quicker Looting) given the extreme limitations under which they're operating with this engine.

Do you think such extensive modding tools would be required for what I would like to do?

Anything that requires changing dialogue can be extremely complex. Especially if one is trying to change voiced lines. I presume that almost every squad member is going to address or refer to the IA by name at many, many, many points. So yeah, I expect it would be pretty difficult. (But I haven't ever attempted to modify dialogue myself, so we'll see.)

I'm not saying there would never be a tool, but I looked at the files in the ME:A Trial and woah, this is a different format. I'm not a programmer, but I gather that tampering with files really breaks stuff.

For the AI, I can tell you no way from me. Way too many characters are saying the name right now in the trial. I did a bunch of audio stuff for ME3 and one for ME2 and no way I would touch this, even if I had tools which could do it. That doesn't mean if a tool existed someone else wouldn't though. ;)

I'm not saying there would never be a tool, but I looked at the files in the ME:A Trial and woah, this is a different format. I'm not a programmer, but I gather that tampering with files really breaks stuff.

For the AI, I can tell you no way from me. Way too many characters are saying the name right now in the trial. I did a bunch of audio stuff for ME3 and one for ME2 and no way I would touch this, even if I had tools which could do it. That doesn't mean if a tool existed someone else wouldn't though. :wink:

What is the possibility of there being texture or at the very least customization mods? Dragon Age Inquisition has some beautiful customization mods, but i don't know how hard it would be to convert those mods to Andromeda.

What is the possibility of there being texture or at the very least customization mods? Dragon Age Inquisition has some beautiful customization mods, but i don't know how hard it would be to convert those mods to Andromeda.

I would guess pretty good. I suspect textures and customization that is possible in DA:I now will be possible in Andromeda. But interestingly, Ottemis is very impressed with the graphics right now. She sees almost no flaws in them and I agree with her.

Still, it's fun to have options and Ottemis may very well mod it later. And there are tons of talented people out there. I don't know you, but you may be one of those people who makes some mods. :)

Do you think that a Cora hair mod will appear soon after the release? I find the character interesting but, well, that haircut...Everyone their own tastes of course!

Edited by Onn