SSE CTD on Save After Hours of Gameplay

squireoivanhoe

I was right, or at least so far it seems that way. I deleted the saves after I had activated the share displays for Legacy, and then loaded the save file right before it and did my best to repeat almost everything I did after I had activated it. So far no CTDs at all.

I should mention I did realize something while I was trying to see if I was right, both times this has happened it is always after I save and quit the game then come back to it and start playing it later.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having the exact same issue in my game after 300 hours. Before reading this thread, I had assumed that the string limit was causing these crashes as i have around 65k strings in my more recent saves. Although others here are experiencing the same issue with much lighter mod setups so, it's probably not the cause. My game runs well otherwise with 250 plugins and very few CTDs. I've tried the usual troubleshooting for save issues and the ones mentioned here, but only uninstalling larger mods allows me to save again, for a few more hours. I even tried reinstalling my game and all of my mods, and that didn't help.

This issue only seems to affect a small minority of players as I haven't found any other information on it. I guess I'll have to go back to LE until there's a solution for this. I never had these kinds of problems in LE in 900+ hour play throughs, with even heavier load orders, and when i was much less experienced at modding.

Hi captaincanetoad. Sorry that you're having this problem. Have you tried the fix as mentioned in post #28? As discussed, simply removing mods will do exactly what you describe, giving you just a few more hours. You must first clean them with Resaver, or at least identify precisely which mods are generating too many active scripts.

I have tried that method before, I didn't wait 10 minutes though. I've cleaned my save with ReSaver after uninstalling mods although I only have around 10-20 active scripts in my saves. I have never had used SkyBirds but I do use both Wet and Cold and Footprints. Uninstalling either doesn't help.

• 1 month later...

It is the same save I've had since last year. It's just been sitting in my ssd collecting dust since I can't do anything with it (and also I've tinkered around with the mods too much and now it crashes on load).

Oh well... I feel like installing Morroblivion and playing through that again, but the last attempt (several years ago) resulted in corrupt save after 70+ hours of play