Media keys obliterated my key bindings

ChristianEV

So. I was trying to get Fallout 4 to cooperate with my media keys so I could run videos on my secondary monitor while playing.

Just to see if Fallout was actually set up to use said media keys, I entered my controls menu, selected the first thing that caught my eye, and pressed the Play button.

I blinked a few times and backed out of the menu, then re-entered it. I tried a few more times, like a true idiot.

The end result is the attached picture. I have NOT tried a clean re-install of Fallout, but I HAVE looked into any and all alternatives I could think of.

Do you guys have any idea how I can restore my keybinds?

Currently, the removed bindings simply do not exist in my game - the mouse buttons do nothing in-game.

It's a bit of a game-breaking bug, this.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to go to User/MyDocuments/MyGames and delete Fallout4.ini and Fallout4prefs.ini, then launch the game with the vanilla launcher once. (don't delete them move them to your desktop for safety)

New vanilla .ini's will be generated when you use the launcher and this should reset everything back to default.

You should be able to go to User/MyDocuments/MyGames and delete Fallout4.ini and Fallout4prefs.ini, then launch the game with the vanilla launcher once. (don't delete them move them to your desktop for safety)

New vanilla .ini's will be generated when you use the launcher and this should reset everything back to default.

Just tried that. Apart from it re-exposing me to the fact that Fallout doesn't save its settings in my actual Documents folder (which is on my F drive), but rather on the original, system default C drive (I totally forgot this was the case) - nothing changed. The keybinds are still /gone/ from my menu.

Which is... worrying.

And I'd just gotten so many mods working together in harmony.

Guessing it'll have to be a clean install, then, huh?

Well, that just gives me the error message: "Unable to find an INI file. Please reinstall Fallout 4."

I'll read through the INI's again and see if I can find any reference to my missing menu entires, then do a clean install.

Thanks for trying to help, mate. Sometimes, s#*! just breaks. XD