Stupid Morrowind nicknames?

someonelse

Oh, yeah, and each and every of those ludicrously named Daedric shrines.

And don't get me started on those crazy Dunmer names.

Curiously enough, all the names of Daedric shrines are actually ancient Assirian names. Even Zainab is an Assyrian name.

Some of the more complex Dunmer names (mostly ashlanders) are Assyrian too.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

What about Tarhiel = Tar-heel (the wizard with the Icarian flight scrolls), too easy?

It's not a mispronunciation, and I don't even know if it's in the game or from something I downloaded, but I lost it when my Dumber girl started shouting, "Stuuupeed!" during fights.

• 6 months later...
Oh, yeah, and each and every of those ludicrously named Daedric shrines.

And don't get me started on those crazy Dunmer names.

Curiously enough, all the names of Daedric shrines are actually ancient Assirian names. Even Zainab is an Assyrian name.

Some of the more complex Dunmer names (mostly ashlanders) are Assyrian too.

Assyrian eh? Never heard of them until I read your comment. Guess that explains the eastern and middles eastern influences in Morrowind. And the crazy ass names ;]

Do any of you ever try to figure out how to pronounce those wacky names for real?

I do. It takes awhile and a lot of experimenting, but believe it or not, they can all be pronounced fairly easily with a human tongue. Try it, it's fun! :) When you really break them down, it might surprise you to find that they sound quite unlike anything you may have at first guessed.

That first dwemer place that you go for the puzzle box, for example, is ARN-ing-thand.

Assyrian, eh? I never would have guessed that. Pretty cool.

• 5 months later...

I've always loved the dwemer ruin names. I just recently started playing Morrowind again, with a friend, and I asked him where Nchuleftingth for the Mage Guild quest was, again. It kinda freaked me out how such a word became ingrained in my vocabulary.

I never really had that much nicknames. I did call every imperial male the same, what with their non-stop two-word latin -us-ending guarcrap.

Though there was a lot of recurring french pastries in my game slang... primarilly Blade leader Caius Croissant, and the might blade, the Daedric Croissant.

And ofcourse, I call Divayth Fyr "Divvy", but he's down with that.

• 1 month later...
Always thinking Cliff Racers as something like "seagulls gone mad" or "mosquitos". You are just walking and admiring landscapes or exploring Daedric ruins and then you hear "Sqreeeek! Sqreeeek!" and it bites you and you are little moment like "What just Happen?". But then it's quite easy to defeat.

Ashurnibitashpi? Ashornabitishpa? Ashirnabitashpi?

There's a million ways to spell it. Never try to get it memorized on how to spell it for CoC commands.

Same goes for Nchuleftingth. Oh man, I just managed to spell that correctly.