Need to Remove Active Effects via console.

Sader325

Thank you, everyone, for this thread!!!

I had uninstalled an armor mod so I could install an updated version. I stupidly neglected to remove the old items first. Then I played many, many hours before realizing there were ghost effects due to all the dual enchantments I had placed on the old armor pieces. The net result... I was enormously overpowered, and it was sucking the fun out of the game.

The resurrect and addspell fix worked perfectly, and it was really pretty simple!

Thanks again!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I finally found the solution to the black fog/smoke/aura !!

using the console do the following in 3rd person view:

player.addspell 020028EB

player.removespell 020028EB

It turned out that by taking one of the Dawnguard Death Hound (dog) as follower (e.g. CuSith) you get "contaminated" with this Death Hound FX !! Must be a bug but I am sooo glad I found the fix!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just hit this bug myself. I completely uninstalled Skyrim and then reinstalled, but kept my save games. I did not reinstall all the mods I had been using, and now my characters (I have quite a few) seem to have all these active effects stuck on them. Okay, they're to my advantage I guess, but I really don't want them.

It is possible for me to go back to an earlier save (usually a very low level one, before they had any enchanted gear) but that involves losing a massive amount of game play, quest completions, and so on. I'm going to try a couple of the fixes suggested here, although I am a little concerned about messing up perks. I suppose it might be possible to console those out and back in again, but then we start getting even more complicated.

Sorry, double posted.

However, I can say that I tested the various options available to me.

I advise against using 'recycleactor' on your character - it will remove the effects that shouldn't be there, and still leave the correct racial bonus. However, it also messed up all my character's perks. They still appeared in the appropriate 'constellations' but they weren't working, and even manually adding them again using the console did not fix them.

On the other hand, using 'player.resurrect 1', making a fresh save, closing Skyrim and then reloading to that save did remove the active effects and also retain the racial bonus and even the quest-given effects (such as Agent of Mara) on the two character that I've so far used the fix on. As far as I can tell so far with only a brief trial, no perks seem to be affected or acting incorrectly. It would be wise, of course, for anyone suffering this issue, to make a note of any such bonuses before using the workaround so that they can add them by console if necessary.

Strangely, a third character wasn't affected by the bug, I'm not quite sure why, lol.

Edited by LadySheogorath

You should never deactivate a mod if you are still equipping an item that it gives you. You could try reinstalling the mod, equip/unequip the problem item, save, then remove the mod, then save again.

@flaouze: wrong thread.

• 7 months later...

Resurrect this post lol.

I confirmed the command "player.resurrect 1" works well.

It didn't remove my racial ability (redguard) and perk granted effect.

All left active effects after using this command are:

Snakeblood

Resist poison by redguard blood

Dragon Infusion

Greater Magic Resistance (from alteration perk)

Magic Anticipation (from ace enchanting)

Thanks for this great solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue and this worked for me:

1. type showracemenu and take a screenshot to remember your look.

2. download this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20394/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D20394%26preview%3D&pUp=1

3. change your race using the mod. your skills wont be harmed since you are using the mod.

4. the issue should be gone now. the only thing you ought to do is now is change back to your standard look using the mod and the screenshot you took in the beginning.

I hope this works!