Need to Remove Active Effects via console.

Sader325

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue I'm having with my imperial female character is that when attacked a couple of times, the flame cloak automatically activates and if I get attacked even more, a dragon priest automatically is conjured(I don't have the spell on me).

I use SkyRe, Dragon Combat Overhaul, and some quest mods. I actually use more mods but I know a majority of them aren't the cause of this issue.

I did have Fire and Ice Overhaul and ended up uninstalling it and yet I'm still having this issue.

I'm also gonna clean my save to see if this helps.

But I really do not wish to have these effects being activated like this.

By the way these are actual effects and they even last for the certain allotted time that's set in the game. These are not mere visual effects.

I've tried just about everything I've read this far but these are merely temporary fixes and doesn't seem to take care of the root issue.

• 6 months later...

Okay not sure how old this is but incase someone can see it Type Help perk or help stone in console you know type in whatever you may know of effects or spells or abilities and it'll bring up a list via console use Page up and Page Down to navigate the list so much easier then using websites. Help jump help run help whatever any singular key words can make it bring up anything with a similar word or related code.

• 2 months later...

OK I finally found the solution to the black fog/smoke/aura !!

using the console do the following in 3rd person view:

player.addspell 020028EB

player.removespell 020028EB

It turned out that by taking one of the Dawnguard Death Hound (dog) as follower (e.g. CuSith) you get "contaminated" with this Death Hound FX !! Must be a bug but I am sooo glad I found the fix!!!

Edited by eib0ss

Dispelallspells was not working for me, but I did find that putting all your equipment safely in a container and using

"recycleactor" on myself did the trick.

bro this is the only thing that works.thx. no matter what i do it magically fixes all s#*!.removes EVERYTHING(spell-related).

• 9 months later...

I have gotten myself a permanent +50 to magicka that I cannot get rid of no matter what I do. I think the reason I have it is because I changed race at one point from Altmer to Imperial, and somehow retained the +50 to magicka that high elves get, though it could also be some item effect lingering even after I got rid of said item. Recycleactor did not work, and not Dispelallspells either. +50 magicka is not a big deal, but I find it annoying.

• 4 months later...

*Lowers Hood*

I mean no harm, but I need to bring this back from the dead... My character is stuck with Fortify Block and Fortify Health, with the same as sources(They used to be on items which I trashed, the effects remained though so instead of Fortify Health - Ebony Shield it says Fortify Health - Fortify Health). Is there any new, better way of getting rid of this? RecycleActor and Resurrect cause way too many unwanted side effects. These active effects have no ID and aren't spells either so DispelAll or individual Dispel is impossible. Save cleaning did nothing at all. Using RaceMenu to change sex or race did nothing either. Equipping items with the same enchantments and then taking them off also did nothing(I had sold the original items long ago, can't find the specific ones).

Any help?

Edit - I also tried looking up that thread about removing unwanted effects but that's 90% visuals and 10% things which I had already tried like Recycle. I even tried that RaceMenu alternative someone suggested here but it doesn't solve the issue... And gives free levels apparently too.

Edited by Violence

• 2 years later...

Use player.addspell and the ID from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Powers to re-add those powers.

that did it, in combination with the resurrect skill I now have all the appropriate bonuses

thank you guys so much, now I can finally play skyrim the right way.

To Remove "Ghost Effects"

1. use the "player.resurrect 1" command to remove ALL effects.

2. save and close skyrim, restart and reload your save to reapply racial bonus

3. use "player.addspell <ID>" to manually reapply all your justified effects

**NOTE: I have noticed that after following these steps my perk abilities are not being applied correctly, for example I am not able to zoom in with a bow or dual cast destruction spells even though I have perks in the slots; however, I was able to fix this as well by using the following mod...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3665

cheers

This worked so great. Too great. I was trying to remove bleeding effects and dispelling modded mgrefs doesn't work because the console will just roll it's eyes and pretend that ref doesn't exist if it's added by a mod. Reminded me that you can't actually remove spells from NPCs if the spell is added by a mod too. Pretty stupid. But that's the way it's been since I started modding.

Using resurrect 1 was the key. It removed all effects. I quit , loaded that new save, my Nord race frost resistance was back, as well as Frostfall. And then I just went through my MCM resetting about 30 mods that add active effects. My character needs around 120 effects to function properly with the amount of mods I have, so there. It works. Its just a lot of work. Lol. it definitely won't work for me because I have too many mods that add effects that will not function properly now.

Thank you so much everyone for this thread. Please keep it. Don't stop trying to find better ways too, because this is nuts. Hopefully someone finds a way to remove stupid effects because apparently it's an epidemic, has been for a long time, and there is still no fix that won't ruin a heavily modded game completely.

Edited by RockenJenAnn